Backplate and Wing Round Table

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree, but the Harpa system doesn't work with their 6mm plate unfortunately. I only use one slider/roller on my DS rig, makes getting in and out so much easier, I have drygloves and associated rings. I don't use them with my other plates diving wet. Everything AGIR is expensive, I own three of their plates, STAs and cam bands. European Halcyon.

I would have thought the same. I would only use the Delrin if I was using on an aluminum plate. You don't need to fix the slider in place, in fact doing so would hamper its usage as the slots are not the same width apart.

I can actually adjust my straps just using the tri sliders if you pull hard enough and in the right direction.

I'm actually not joking I have halcyon anniversary plate and steel tri glides

I don't know how and where you installed the tri sliders, let's call them tri gliders, but they should not slide ... Their purpose is to be used as fixed point, unless you want to move them along the harness, but the last shall be loose to do it.
If you use the tri gliders as for the accessories on post #14, probably you are able to enlarge the webbing radius curve across the slots, but you have to pull really hard to overcome the friction - and probably it works until your webbing is quite new and has no permanents bend - or you are really strong.

I understand exactly how they are meant to work and I know for sure they are set up correctly. I'm merely pointing out they can move during a dive or if you pull them hard enough. They don't move when placed on webbing (hip/shoulder d rings for example) but when on the back plate they can shift as the plate holds the clip and allows you to pull the webbing through. Just my experience.

Just for curiosity, may I ask you the stiffness of your webbing ? I can say that the webbing used for the crotch strap is softer than the webbing for the harness. I don't know if it is true for Halcyon, but my DTD is exactly so. Probably I could shift the tri glide on the softer piece, but I'm unable to move it on the stiff webbing - even when I want shift a D-Ring I need to work on a single tri glide slot at time.
Could be interesting and useful to use softer webbing for the harness having also a sort of adjustment possibilities.

Do you have the tri-glide positioned on the harness in FRONT of the plate? Or do you have it on the BACK of the plate where the cinch adapters buddha linked go?

Do you have the tri-glide positioned on the harness in FRONT of the plate? Or do you have it on the BACK of the plate where the cinch adapters buddha linked go?

It is assembled in the same way as my OMS Harness was and how it came from halcyon. I did not have the same thing with my OMS Harness.

The sliders are behind the plate where the cinch
System goes.

I'm at work but when I get back I'll make a video and show you what I mean.

It is Halcyon webbing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom