Backup Analog Gauges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It just might be the transmitter. Because my gear was done at my home in Mexico, I couldn't get the battery replaced this time when I had the computer done. I was planning on taking it back after this visit to get that done. The error message I got at the end of the first dive was "Prev Dive Error." The reason I'm thinking it's an error with the computer is that it hasn't cleared.
One easy way to distinguish between a transmitter problem and a computer problem is to find a friend with the same transmitter style and an AI computer, and switch transmitter IDs with him/her. Pressurize and power up both pairs.....if your transmitter works with the other computer, and the other transmitter does not work with your computer, it's your computer that is the problem. Etc.

It just might be the transmitter. Because my gear was down at my home in Mexico, I couldn't get the battery replaced this time when I had the computer done. I was planning on taking it back after this visit to get that done. The error message I got at the end of the first dive was "Prev Dive Error." The reason I'm thinking it's an error with the computer is that it hasn't cleared.

Im going to just guess here but after 24 hours the previous dive should not be an issue with follow on dives after the 24 hour period. You may be able to just delete the the last dive and see it the error comes back again. Also being ignorant as to what that warning means could it be something you did like too high of ascent rate or too long with out AI input on the last dive. I would not think so but I dont know your puter.

The error message I got at the end of the first dive was "Prev Dive Error." The reason I'm thinking it's an error with the computer is that it hasn't cleared.
Is ERROR still displayed on your OC1? If not, what exactly is displayed?

Yes, it still says "Prev Dive Error" four days after the dive. There were no problems on the dive, no fast ascent, etc. Maximum depth was 51 feet and most of the time we were at around 35 feet. It's a dive site where I've dived many times.

That does not all sound like a problem with the transmitter.

If the transmitter stops working, the computer will continue to work fine but just not display tank pressure, gas time remaining, etc. All the other functions of the computer will work fine. These computers don't even require you to dive with a transmitter.

Yes, it still says "Prev Dive Error" four days after the dive. There were no problems on the dive, no fast ascent, etc. Maximum depth was 51 feet and most of the time we were at around 35 feet. It's a dive site where I've dived many times.
Frankly, I'm not optimistic about your OC1. That symptom would appear to require it to be sent in for repair. Turns out the will send you a reconditioned one for $220 or so. Good luck.

I dived with my late husband's Suunto gauge and compass today after the local shop cleaned it and replaced the battery. I am going to keep it on my gear, but still get a new OCi and my OC1 refurbished. It gave me a good feeling to look at the Suunto and console and remember him diving with me. I know it's more than 10 years old and I have no manual for it, but it's staying with me for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom