Bad attitudes continued......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have said it before and I will say it again.

People should be informed of what is acceptable behavior and what is not acceptable behavior. They should sign off on this a long with a liability statement. One occurrence of unacceptable is understandable. Some people are stupid and/or forget or didn’t understand what they were doing is unacceptable. If it occurs again they get to pick up their stuff and leave. So the others can learn in a safe environment.

It really is to bad you have to be the parent.

BTW, for the Texans out there, Would that C word be legally considered “fighting words”? I.E. you can kick their a$$?

Hey wait Pug,

You were the one who made me feel all self-conscious about being mean to an old man who tried to follow me into a cave without permission....

And now here you are, advocating "having fun" with unsafe a-holes!

If there was a suitable growling, furrow-browed smiley on this board, it'd be right here, buddy!

- Warren

(j/k pug, I still like you, even though you're a hypocrite)

Originally posted by VTWarrenG
Hey wait Pug,
(j/k pug, I still like you, even though you're a hypocrite)
You know Uncle Pug loves you Warren....
And even though you didn't like it....
I was having fun with you....
Not to be mean you understand....
Just to stall the whack~a~stroke fest....
Not that it stopped anything....
D.I.R. lizzard popped up :wink:

BTW I knew what your post would say before I even opened it....
You never disappoint me and that is why I like you so much....
And you are right in your assessment of old Uncle Pug....

We are all hypocrites on so many occassions and in so many ways... that is why we have to forgive and forebare one another...

Please forgive me for giving you such a hard time....
You actually had a very interesting story....

Originally posted by Choke
Seriously though, I heard the DM talking on the phone to a member of his crew about the dip in numbers who had been attending classes... That's the only reason I can figure that these guys have been allowed back to the course. If I was the one in charge I would have told them to take a hike.

--- these guys end up getting certified because the school was hard up!:boom:

Choke - why don't you invite the instructor onto this board to tell us his side of the story, if he has recovered sufficiently from the trauma of the first encounter!

V.

Voln I have mentioned this board and the contents of my posts regarding the incident. He said he would check it out but from the way he was talking it sounded like he wanted to stay neutral so he won't upset any 'fragile' minds.
Imagine if those two jerks turned up next week saying "You mother******!! I saw what you wrote about us on that board...blah blah blah" Now that would be funny. :)

Actually I might go and create a screen name for him and just post a load of junk to stir things up. At the next class I will tell the couple that our DM is a back stabber for saying bad things about them on the net and then give them the URL for this place. What a fireworks show that'd be!

mmmmmm maybe I'll wait until I finish my course. :wink:

Originally posted by Darian Dunn

BTW, for the Texans out there, Would that C word be legally considered “fighting words”? I.E. you can kick their a$$?

*ponders*

Now while it is TECHNICALLY legal in Texas to kill a person "because they needed killin'", we really are pretty civilized :wink:

In fact, we southerners are polite enough that I don't think someone using that language would be permitted to finish the class at all, because the others would fuss at the LDS until the couple in question was gone :wink:

Cultural misinformation is very amusing. I'm thinking about the Indian graduate student who works for me, and his impressions of Texas upon arriving here :) ("I thought everyone wore cowboy hats")

Jeff

DON'T wear cowboy hats??? Next you'll be tellin' me that you don't wear spurs either...

Some West Texaners have been known to modify their fins for spurs, but us East Texas boys just consider that silly, unless you know ahead of time you're gonna be ridin' a shark in the Gulf...

'sides, you know how hard it is to find 316 SS spurs?!

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom