Bahamas Close Call Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This has been discussed in a previous thread, in which the cameraman was part of the discussion. The two deep divers were children.

Wow, you really saved their asses!!! Great job. These guys are right up there for the Darwin award. The father definitely!!! I don't think I can really put a blame on his 12 yo son...

I know this is too late to answer but I really wonder if they at least said thank you after surfacing and if they understood the seriousness of how deep in s**t they were down there???

I remember him mentioning that they didn't speak the same language, he didn't think they had any idea how close they came or say thank you! Correct me if I am wrong someone please!

Hello its been a while since I've been on Scuba Board. I just got back from Cozumel so it re perked my interest. Thank you for all the comments on the dive. Again there was not much conversation after the dive to the 2 victims. I was certified on my Rescue Diver in Cozumel 2 months before this incident, and I reunited with my Rescue dive instructor a week ago diving in Cozumel. He was smiling ear to ear when we saw eachother. He had already seen the video and knew it was me in it. We went on a few nice dives together, Columbia and Santa Rosa Wall. I have posted the video in 4 different ways through youtube and I am happy to see that between the 4 different ways I posted the video it has been seen by over 300,000 people, with the help of scubaboard of course. I hope that this video makes people more aware of their surroundings while diving, and to dive within their limits. Talk to you all soon. I promise I won't be a stranger! Aaron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom