Bali in June/July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chocolate

Contributor
Reaction score
This will be the first time I go there. :)))
so, excuse me for my dum questions...

I know i'll most likely miss the mola mola, but is June/July a good time to visit Bali? And at the same time would it be too busy?

Most flights seem to land at Denpasar... what do you do for transportation to hotels, etc.?
Also, there seem to be two main locations, Menjangan vs Tulemben, which area should I stay in?

thanks in advance

July can be very busy, so it is best to book in advance. If it is the only time you can go, don't shy away from the idea, but be aware that prices are often higher in peak season.

Tulamben offers a good variety having reefs, walls, excellent macro, and the wreck.

Give an idea of budget so you can get better tailored input on what hotel to stay at.
Whoever you decide to stay with can provide transport from the airport.

You will LOVE Bali!!

Hi!

August - October is the best time to see the Sunfish in Bali, however you still stand a chance in July.
There is no 'bad' time to visit Bali. June / July is dry season and indeed getting busy since summer holidays are starting so you can expect to see quite a lot of people in the Kuta / Legian area. However as soon as you leave this area you will find the island is quiet and relaxing.
Both Menjangan & Tulamben are good choices. Depending on how long you are planning to stay you could even dive both areas?
I would recommend in Tulamben either Scuba Seraya or Villa Markisa. Both have fantastic villas by the beach and are only a few steps away from one of my favorite muck dive.
If you book in advance transport from the airport to the resort can be arranged. The resorts have everything on site: restaurant, dive center, dive boat to take you to all the dive sites. Island tours can also be very easily arranged: visit to Ubud, to the temples, volcanos etc...

I hope this help. If you have more questions, do not hesitate!

Hi there,

It depends a bit how experienced a diver you are. Tulamben, Padang Bai and Menjangan are great locations for diving regardless of your experience. If you are more experienced, Nusa Penida is a must dive location, chances to see the Mola Mola are highest here and Manta Point is a brilliant site with a high chance of seeing mantas. The dive sites around Candidasa (Gili Mimpang, Tepekong and Biaha) are also great and more advanced.

There are also some great muck diving sites on Bali to see the weird and wonderful - like Puri Jati and Seraya. Especially if you are a photographer, they are worthwhile.

As already mentioned by the others, July tends to be more busy, but it is a very good time to dive. We have spotted mola molas in June in the past, but you have to be lucky. June tends to be a bit more quiet still in terms of visitors.

If you really want to see all the best locations on Bali, I would highly recommend doing a dive safari or alternatively stay on a few different locations on the island as the dive sites are quite spread out on Bali. With a dive safari you will travel around the island with a guide by car and stay close to all the dive spots. It also allows you to see a lot of the island.

If you are interested, you can see some sample dive safaris on our website as well as detailed descriptions of each dive site on Bali.

Feel free to drop us an email if you would like more info. Either way, have fun planning your holiday!

July can be very busy, so it is best to book in advance. If it is the only time you can go, don't shy away from the idea, but be aware that prices are often higher in peak season.

Tulamben offers a good variety having reefs, walls, excellent macro, and the wreck.

Give an idea of budget so you can get better tailored input on what hotel to stay at.
Whoever you decide to stay with can provide transport from the airport.

You will LOVE Bali!!

I'm not a backpacker type, but definitely don't want to spend too much on accomodation... it will be fine as long as it is clean

so, do the dive operators offer free transportation between hotels & the dive shops?

Hi there,

It depends a bit how experienced a diver you are. Tulamben, Padang Bai and Menjangan are great locations for diving regardless of your experience. If you are more experienced, Nusa Penida is a must dive location, chances to see the Mola Mola are highest here and Manta Point is a brilliant site with a high chance of seeing mantas. The dive sites around Candidasa (Gili Mimpang, Tepekong and Biaha) are also great and more advanced.

There are also some great muck diving sites on Bali to see the weird and wonderful - like Puri Jati and Seraya. Especially if you are a photographer, they are worthwhile.

As already mentioned by the others, July tends to be more busy, but it is a very good time to dive. We have spotted mola molas in June in the past, but you have to be lucky. June tends to be a bit more quiet still in terms of visitors.

If you really want to see all the best locations on Bali, I would highly recommend doing a dive safari or alternatively stay on a few different locations on the island as the dive sites are quite spread out on Bali. With a dive safari you will travel around the island with a guide by car and stay close to all the dive spots. It also allows you to see a lot of the island.

If you are interested, you can see some sample dive safaris on our website as well as detailed descriptions of each dive site on Bali.

Feel free to drop us an email if you would like more info. Either way, have fun planning your holiday!

dive safari seems interesting, but does that mean I need to change hotel every night or so?

Hi,

Yes, you would change hotels every couple of days, but you are actually looking at about 3/4 different locations depending on your preference. You would definitely need an overnight stay up north to dive places like Menjangan, Pemuteran and Puri Jati. Then another 1 or 2 days in the Tulamben area. You can then either do some additional nights around Candidasa to dive East Bali or move straight away to places like Sanur to do day trips from there to Nusa Penida or East Bali - if you don't mind the drive of about 1 hrs to the East of Bali.

Tulamben is a very nice place to hang out. Quiet, peaceful and relaxing. While most dive operations who serve Menjangan base out of Lovina which offers much more night life.

Personally I love Tulamben with access to Muck Diving, drift diving, a short kick to the wreck. But there are only a few places to eat in town and zero ATM's, so don't expect much night life.

Hi,

Yes, you would change hotels every couple of days, but you are actually looking at about 3/4 different locations depending on your preference. You would definitely need an overnight stay up north to dive places like Menjangan, Pemuteran and Puri Jati. Then another 1 or 2 days in the Tulamben area. You can then either do some additional nights around Candidasa to dive East Bali or move straight away to places like Sanur to do day trips from there to Nusa Penida or East Bali - if you don't mind the drive of about 1 hrs to the East of Bali.

ok... but if i end up travelling by myself (still waiting to see if a friend is joining), how does that work for the safaris?

And if i do stay in Sanur or somewhere around the south... I assume it will be impossible to dive the Tulamben, or just spend a lot of time/money on travelling, right?

ok... but if i end up travelling by myself (still waiting to see if a friend is joining), how does that work for the safaris?

And if i do stay in Sanur or somewhere around the south... I assume it will be impossible to dive the Tulamben, or just spend a lot of time/money on travelling, right?

If you want to dive Tulamben, stay in Tulamben. The drive can take a lot of time, last May the was road was under construction which increased the time. My guess is the road is still under construction. Some people really like the safaris idea, it's just not our idea of fun...get up, pack up, go diving, drive a couple of hours, check in, unpack, go to bed, pack up, go diving, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom