Bare Drysuits from Divetank - Any Comments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi_alx

Reaction score
Hi

To those that answered my previous post on drysuit materials - thanks!

I don't want to start a flame war about LDS vs. online retailers but this Divetank place almost seems to good to be true.

https://www.divetank.com/gear/product.php?id=109
https://www.divetank.com/gear/product.php?id=115

It's not so much the price (but it helps) but the claim about a factory honoured "extended" warranty. The five year warranty puts it in a similar league to the DUI's at less than half price (for those of us in Canada). Curiously they claim customer service that would be on-par with DUI (eg. free shipping etc.) at least from where I live in Toronto relative to the store / factory on the west coast.

Does anyone have experience with Divetank for drysuit purchases?

(I searched the forum but most discusssions are for Leisure Pro and ScubaToys - DiveTank is probably better for me being in Canada)

Thanks Again

Alx

Never heard of them. Scubatoys is a BARE dealer and just as easy to order from them. The warranty- dont know- the paperwork that comes with the suit from BARE states a 1-year war. Give Larry a call at Scubatoys, he can probably explain it and there has been a BARE rep in the store on two of my recent visits.

I bought a Nex-Gen from them about 2 1/2 years ago and I recieved great service. The price was right at the time and the suit has worked great and I put over 250 dives on it so I think I got my moneys worth for a $450.00 suit.

I recently purchaed a bare sgs 7mm arctic full suit from them. The service they offered was great. I normally wear a large, but they told me the sgs run slightly different and thought an xl would fit be better, so they sent me both sizes to try on. One note though, on the inside of the xl was stamped "second". This may explain the extremely low prices.

I bought a CD4 Pro from them in December. They were great as far as ordering and getting the suit out quickly. The price was right and they actually was interested in selling me a suit. Can't say that much about my LDS (that's another thread).

I probably called a half dozen times asking questions and trying to figure out what I really wanted. They always very responsive and never pushy to up sell me. They tried to make sure the suit was the one I wanted. Not many places will give the 'dive it and decide if you like it' line. If it's not what you want they will take it back for a credit or you money back (I don't think they do this on all of the suits, but the one I ordered they did). Anyway - I haven't had to have return or have service from them - but the communication I had over ordering the suit I can't imagine that they would be bad.

I bought my Bare 3 mil suit from Divetank and was impressed with the service. I will be placing an order with them sometime this week for a set of dry gloves.

I bought a Bare Arctic SGS wetsuit and hooded vest from them and also a pair of Suunto computers. They seemed pretty knowledgeable and had good prices. Also I had ordered 2 suits but had to return one that didn't fit, and they took it back, no problem. I'm happy with my suit. It was new with tags and didn't say "second" or anything.

I've been to their shop, since they are in Vancouver.

Richard is a nice guy.

Bought two Bare CD-4's from them last year. Great service and great suits.

I just sent my suits back to Bare last month to have dry-cuffs installed on both. If you're considering dry gloves I recommend you request them installed on your suit off the bat. He will send back to the factory for the install before sending to you. I had him install hard boots on both of my suits before shipping to me, I should have had dry cuffs installed at same time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom