Bare Drysuits from Divetank - Any Comments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a Nex-Gen from him back when I was in college and poor. I have over 100 dives in it and it hasn't leaked once. I would say overall it was a definitely worthwhile investment.

I would recommend them if you are on a budget.

I can't recommend Richard enough. I've pretty much bought everything so far through him, he's given me the best deal BY MILES from other places, and he's treated me more like a friend than anything else. Not only other dive shops, but businesses in general should learn from this guy and treat your customers better!! Another very popular shop in town gave me nothing but sh!t once I mentioned looking online, like I was a criminal or something.

I couldn't care less whether he sells online or not, to me its a LDS, only they also sell online. Any one else whose *****in about it should deal with reality and adapt to the new technological phenomenon called the internet.

Divetank all the freakin way, if only they sold home theater equipment....

Alx,

If you are looking for a Bare Drysuit I just Purchased a Bare Xcd2 Pro Dry for $1000 CDN and a place up in Barrie (Tim's Dive Supplies) can give you a good deal on one. Dans Dive Shop in St Catherines may be closer to you. all are on the WEB

Cheers

My husband and I both bought Bare Velocity 3/2 wetsuits from Divetank. Customer service was awesome and fit was spot-on. Obviously drysuits are different, but I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

If anybody in the Massachusetts area is looking for a Bare Drysuit, we have just about the same pricing as Dive Tank with the added benefit of being able to try the suit on and a PADI drysuit class included at no charge.

Paul

I bought a Bare Nex-Gen from Divetank back in December. Other than having to stretch the wrist seals a bit, I love it!

Divetank was knowledgable, fast and courteous..

My .02

hi_alx:
Hi

To those that answered my previous post on drysuit materials - thanks!

I don't want to start a flame war about LDS vs. online retailers but this Divetank place almost seems to good to be true.

https://www.divetank.com/gear/product.php?id=109
https://www.divetank.com/gear/product.php?id=115

It's not so much the price (but it helps) but the claim about a factory honoured "extended" warranty. The five year warranty puts it in a similar league to the DUI's at less than half price (for those of us in Canada). Curiously they claim customer service that would be on-par with DUI (eg. free shipping etc.) at least from where I live in Toronto relative to the store / factory on the west coast.

Does anyone have experience with Divetank for drysuit purchases?

(I searched the forum but most discusssions are for Leisure Pro and ScubaToys - DiveTank is probably better for me being in Canada)

Thanks Again

Alx

They are fast. My 7mm semi-dry suit is perfect and as advertized. I will go back to them in the future.

I ordered a new Bare HD Tech from Divetank. Very helpfull and courteous folks. It should be here by the end of the month. Can't wait....I'll update when I get it.

I bought a Bare XCD-2 Tech Dry from Divetank last year. I was very pleased with the service. Rick consulted with me on size and had Bare go one size up on the boot for me (an XL boot on a large size suit). It all went quick and easy. Great price, great suit and good service. Rick also included a fleece top and pants with the deal for free, and they've actually been nice and warm with this compressed 2mm suit. Very pleased with the quality of the Bare suit as well -- it's held up very well to numerous penguins climbing all over it, with their little claws and inquisitive beaks, while cleaning tank at the Pittsburgh zoo!

I got my Bare ATR HD Tech 2 days ago. I got a sweet deal. Had it shortened a bit (2XL-S) Very fast turnaround. I got the Polarwear T-100, Trek boots and custom sizing for like $50.00 over cost. I even got a custom hood thown in the deal. Now I just gotta trim the neck seal and dive this thing. Highly recommend Richard and the rest of the Divetank crew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom