Bauer filter housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1E6B1CA1-8E2C-4D5D-957E-9617C7EE975C.jpeg
7969B2C9-53A3-4D06-B4E7-EAE7D02B2F7F.jpeg
Understood
My problem is still obtaining modern final filter housing, obtained another old Bauer compressor with old small filter housings ( for free...) .
My thinking now is to use the original oil water separator after second stage, then high pressure oil water separator , then use 3 filter housings in serie as final filter , last with pressure maintanance valve. Each of the last 3 wil have 60 cc of repackable filter housing and drainage. Maybe first 2 mollecular sieve and last carbon? These I can refill easily and regularly with fresh media, say every 5 or so tanks?
This will stil need CO scrubbing with Hopcalyte ? Now the question, can I fit this as a pre filter on the intake?
Use of compressor wil be for filling my own tanks in a very remote ( unpopulated) spot in Mozambique with very clean atmosferic conditions, only like 10 fills a trip once or twice a year. Iff I use a long say 20 m snorkel on inlet , only use with wind in favour , visual and clean tanks after every trip ( assuming not 100% dry air ) could I get away with not buying modern filter unit?

Will use best mollecular sieve to pack. Still need to know where I can buy this Ian ?
Thanx

Had unit up and running today, pumped a 12,2 L tank from 0 to 200 Bar in 43 minutes. Third stage head got up to 90 celcius but all sounded fine.

Is this acceptable?.

Thanxall

Works out to 56 LPM or about right for a Bauer Purus or any other compressor using a 1500W electric motor.

Its definately not a Bauer Mariner as stated in the first post. Mariners pumped 160 LPM using a diesel motor and 190 LPM using either gasoline or 4KW electric motors, back when they were first introduced.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom