Bbq Invite!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSW - because they don't know how to do a real group event. Some folks really dont understand business much beyond how to open a cash register, set the drawer up and count it down at night, then make the deposit. The same sort of folks who have trouble with dimmer switches on a wall and just spin them to HIGH and BLINDING and OFF.

This sounds like a great weekend, I am sure that all will settle out. So fruit, beer, as I plan on driving back sat. nite, I will also need to know where the HP sobriety stops will be on 75??

I'd bring my breathalyzer, but theres liability there that I don't wanna touch with a cattle prod....

DEEPSEAWOLF:
I will be posting this on all threads.
I intend to go through with this weekends plans regardless of Ginnie's deal. I am going up there today to get some things signed on paper. This is to be a celebration and fun event and I have done too much planning to have one person screw it up. If we have to pay regular diving fees on Friday and Sunday so be it. We are still getting together and having a blast! Besides, I am sure we will be TAKING OVER the main spring area. I will be posting this afternoon/evening on the prices, but my biggest concern at this point is the handling of money. I am shooting for them taking ALL money when you check-in at the office. All they have to do is look your name up on the alphabetized list and give you the discount, like a coupon. Why she is making this so difficult is not understandable, and WILL be remedied TODAY!
I will still be attending. There is always going to be a complication. Whoever wants to cave dive, Ill be there saturday. Ill bring some soda and chips too for the party, as well as a frisbee and maybe a volleyball.

Oh well, i just tried to put my roofrack together to haul the kayak up to Ginnie for some sunday afternoon paddling, but unfortunately there is a tiny little pin missing which is crucial. So diving only this weekend - might take the bike to O'Leno though!! I am only putting this extra info in just in case others have other plans but diving on sunday. I have no idea if my ears will hold up to repeated diving for the entire weekend.

I greatly appreciate all the help and advice everyone has offered. I was disturbed by the sudden changes of plans and complications caused by a misunderstanding this weekend. I posted that I would be contacting Ginnie Springs regarding the problem and offered them a deadline as this trips organizer, for MY party where everyone was invited. This had become an awesome event for scubaboard members and myself. As the organizer, I have loved how this group pulls together, however, some things got out of control quickly. Before I was able to contact Ginnie about the situation, the Chamber of Commerce had been contacted regarding a complaint, and BEFORE Ginnie had a chance to correct the problem. They also were NOT contacted by me, the ORGANIZER of the event. Ginnie Springs was agreeing to honor the original agreement when suddenly contacted by the Chamber of Commerce, which was following up on a complaint that Ginnie was still trying to take care of in good faith.
This was a simple misunderstanding as I had hoped, but now, Ginnie has been blackballed for a minor problem before they had a chance to redeem themselves. The problem has since been corrected and prices are per the original agreements for the entire weekend and all fees are paid at the office when you check-in as previously arranged. Ginnie Springs, and more specifically Rose, have apologized for the misunderstanding and have corrected the Problem. As the organizer of the event, I also apologized as I had not contacted The Gilchrist County Chamber of Commerce before giving Ginnie the opportunity to appease the customers. We also agreed that in the best interest of everyone, any future events should be as a business contract listing ALL circumstances and following set procedures. To anyone that has Contacted the GCOC, please do so again, and inform them that apologies have been made and corrections were in place BEFORE Ginnie was contacted by the GCOC. Ginnie was extremely offended by having had a deadline placed on them by myself which they were working on, only to feel as if I had betrayed that and gone outside of our negotiating. I feel that Ginnie did everything in their power, and more to correct the situation and because of their fast action PRIOR to anyone else getting involved, I would use them again in the future for further outings.
The internet has great power, and as such has brought our group together in many great ways and I feel we can accomplish great things together. It can also destroy things quickly and needlessly.
I feel Ginnie has done great things to change my feelings and this was all done with simple communication. My apologies for anyone that overstepped their bounds in an effort to help, and my thanks to Ginnie and Rose specifically for all the help she has given us in making this a major event for us. Now back to the FUN!!!!
Prices are as stated for the entire weekend from FRIDAY through SUNDAY, plus 7% tax.
Divers-$20 regardless of cert level or day of attendance. Bubble watchers-$8.50/day unless camping.
Campers-$13 per night Fri, Sat for adults, $6 for kids ages 7-14 Camp fees include the daily Bubble watcher fee.
Electric is $4 per night per campsite, we will divide this as people arrive and take up sites.

bout time you got this resolved...and a plus, no one has gone missing that we know of... i'm truly proud of you and your restraint DSW... this will definitely be an awesome party...!!!

Well it all turned out well in the end. I recall someone mentioning the CofC, but didnt think they would do it or that the CofC would move things along so quickly - that is surprising.

Well hopefully now they have backed down to the position we had hoped for, everyone can get along nicely and enjoy the weekend!!

Thank you again DSW for putting this together and getting the arrangements sorted out in time for the weekend.

They did AFTER being contacted by GCOC. also AFTER they had contacted me with the agreements that they would hold true to their deals. I was practically on the phone with them when they got the other call. They did a great job at correcting the misunderstanding without the GCOC being involved. Ginnie has renewed my faith in them after this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom