BCJ 5500 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hillbillydiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,I have a Tusa bcj 5500 platina evolution cubic that I have been using for 3years.I really like the Bc except for the weight system,it has the velcro closures .I have had alot of problems losing or almost losing my weights during the dive,especially if making giant stride off a boat,I am always careful to make sure they are closed good before entering the water but still often find them open after hitting the water.The velcro is still in great condition.My dive buddy purchased a new tusa bc and it has a newer locking system(with no velcro)for the weights and he has had no problem with losing weights.Do you have any suggestions on what I could do to keep the weight pockets closed or could the newer weight system be put on my BC?
Thanks, Troy

HI Troy-
Thanks for your question. The velcro pockets can be replaced with new pockets if necessary, the part # is TC-705 for 1 piece and your authorized dealer could acquire them for you. Unfortunately, the AWLS (Advanced Weight Loading System) on the 5550 and 5560 (current) series is not interchangeable since the system is sewn into the jacket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom