BCJ-7000 Conquest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FoxDavis

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone used this BC?
How do they like it?
How is the quality?
Where is a great place to buy one?
Would this work for a beginner diver that wants to increase his diving skills without buying another one for a bit?

Thanks everyone

Nobody has this thing? Why can't a rep from Tusa answer me?

I am really looking hard for a BC and not sure which one to get. My LDS's only carry a couple kinds to try. Plus I need to rent a dry suit so my next few dives are going to be expensive and looking to have my own.

Thanks everyone

I suppose the best I can do is pass on an opinion. I've not used this before but I've had a good look at one (my dive centre has one) and it's pretty much like other TUSA BCs of which I have 2 myself. Good materials (trade-off is weight), comfortable, adjustable and functional. I know three guys who own and use the Conquest and they love it, two even forked out extra for the fancy LP inflator. If anything, it's a higher end version of my X-Pert BC and I absolutely love that one. TUSA make excellent dive gear, just inattentive reps. LOL. :wink:

Ok. I'm not the TUSA rep, but I own a diveshop and carry the TUSA brand as our main BC. They call it a BCJ. There's one on the back of the chair that I am sitting in.

It is of high quality. The drop down mesh pocket is pretty neat. So is the pouch on the cumberbund. The zippers open the correct direction from front to back. The zippers are also large and robust. Sometimes you can get the APA inflator/deflator for free. Well suited for a beginning diver looking to advance.

There are only two things that I think should be changed, both relatively minor. One is the weight snapping system is a bit fiddly. That's not the greatest for instructional purposes. The second is that the weight trim pockets on the back could be a little higher up on the BC for better balance. But of course, those are only my opinions.

They have a Minimum Advertised Price system on that BC, so you're not allowed to advertise a price lower than 499.00 and the retail is 625.00. Send me a PM if you are interested and we may be able to offer you a deal.

I have one for sales for 350 if interested.Never used....I did some looking around youtube and reviews and I like what they said. PM me if interested.

I have the 7000 Conquest and love it. Have dove locally in quarrys, drift dives in the Caribbean, wreck penetrations, cenotes and deep dives (120'+) in the Pacific, and it performed admirably. Only negative is it is a little bulkier than some BC's, but not to the point of cumbersome. I would recommend to anyone looking for a versatile, well built, trustworthy piece of equipment. It is considered a hybrid, as it combines a pseudo wing with a jacket style inflation system.

Back
Top Bottom