Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those of us of a certain age will remember when flying was a real treat. I am an Army Brat, and when we would fly to and from Europe (to my dad's new duty stations) in the 1960's, people would actually dress up in their "Sunday best" for the flights. I recall the entire experience as being extremely comfortable and polite.

I really don't enjoy flying any more. I would much rather go first class Amtrak, if possible--even though a few years ago they ceased their china service and began using paper and plastic. Hmmm. Maybe they've reverted back. (There was a lot of grumbling...)

rx7diver
I only very vaguely remember the dress up days of the '60s as I guess you're about a decade older than me. But I do recall the decades when everything seemed smooth and organized. No one (like me) rushing on to grab a space overhead for bags and coats because you had TWO free checked bags and didn't stuff your oversize carry-on (none of those with wheels fit in the thing they had to measure them anyway). Meals were part of the deal (I actually LIKED airplane food...).

[QUOTE="rx7diver, post: 9772297, member: 67
[/QUOTE]
double post.

Next diving adventure is CCR. Now that MX is past, I can concentrate on that. And the death by a thousand apostrophes Spirit manual. 🤣😂 Hope to have unit and begin training by the end of the month.

Happy Snoopy dance! 😁🥰

Reading rebreather manual at lunch. Man, is this painful to read. Death by a thousand apostrophes I’ve mentioned before. How they ever let this get released to the public, we’ll never know. 🙄🤦‍♀️

F87B42FB-434B-45F0-818D-E77B8B7E9702.png

Reading rebreather manual at lunch. Man, is this painful to read. Death by a thousand apostrophes I’ve mentioned before. How they ever let this get released to the public, we’ll never know. 🙄🤦‍♀️

View attachment 741101
Cripes. What terrible, terrible technical writing. I'd love to have a copy of this document for my students to tear apart.

Cripes. What terrible, terrible technical writing. I'd love to have a copy of this document for my students to tear apart.

It’s online! Kiss’ website, go down to the bottom of their home page for PDF library, then Spirit manual.

It’s online! Kiss’ website, go down to the bottom of their home page for PDF library, then Spirit manual.
Got it, thanks. And wow...that's a spectacularly bad document. Gotta love the egregious weight/mass units error on the first bulleted point of the specs page. I'd love the Jedi rebreather that only weighs 19 grams.

1662063239979.png

Got it, thanks. And wow...that's a spectacularly bad document. Gotta love the egregious weight/mass units error on the first bulleted point of the specs page. I'd love the Jedi rebreather that only weighs 19 grams.

View attachment 741135

I offered to go through it and remove all the incorrect apostrophes. Crickets. It would be improved somewhat by correcting the bad apostrophe use. It’s a PDF document. How effing hard is it to correct it and repost online? Sheesh.

I offered to go through it and remove all the incorrect apostrophes. Crickets. It would be improved somewhat by correcting the bad apostrophe use. It’s a PDF document. How effing hard is it to correct it and repost online? Sheesh.
Kim/Mike/etc definitely don’t know who you are…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom