Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must've misinterpreted your reason. I guess I'm the opposite. I'm happy to travel to dive. I won't lie it's a pain. My wife and I dive together and typically dive ccr, so it's alot of heavy bags and a pain but I always feel it's worth it. The first time we dove the Lot in France we went to Paris as well. That one was a mistake. Trying to get around Paris with loads of dive gear (no ccr at that point) really sucked. But I also despised Paris.
I had plans to go to Truk this past June for a ccr trip but it was still closed, and I really want to dive the caves in China which would be some serious travel and headaches. But I'm happy to deal with a little discomfort to go on a trip most people in the world will never do. Eventhough there are a ton of cave divers in MX, we're all still the minority in the grand scheme of things. Very few Americans go to France or China to dive the caves. I will never be a cave explorer and have stories to tell on my death bed about it. But I will be able to die knowing I really enjoyed myself traveling and cave diving places most never do. That makes the travel headaches worth it.

I’m happy to travel to dive - as long as I drive. Air travel sucks donkey balls. No two ways about it. I despise it. Always have. Always will.

iu

My MX instructor told a terrifying story involving snorkelers at Nohoch. A pair had someone gotten separated from their group and ended up far into the overhead in the dark (there’s space between cave roof and water). She was guiding several cave divers that day. They encountered the snorkelers as they were coming out and ended up taking them out. I’m told the snorkelers were damned lucky.

I had a fun dive in the Tualatin River at Cook Park in Tigard, Oregon last week. I wanted to investigate the freshwater mussels in the river, as I had seen their shells on my canoe trips over the last few years. ‘Turns out, there is a healthy population of these mussels in the river.

SeaRat

Attachments

• 096ABD74-42A0-45FD-9D73-39CF3CBD600B.jpeg
    096ABD74-42A0-45FD-9D73-39CF3CBD600B.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 73F39A92-E27E-4363-8EB9-63BE11D3D572.jpeg
    73F39A92-E27E-4363-8EB9-63BE11D3D572.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 29
  • A67DAC2A-CDBD-418F-BF1A-530985CDCE5F.jpeg
    A67DAC2A-CDBD-418F-BF1A-530985CDCE5F.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 29
  • 0DEB048B-CE52-4ABA-AE53-0AA6313F92C5.jpeg
    0DEB048B-CE52-4ABA-AE53-0AA6313F92C5.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 29
I’m happy to travel to dive - as long as I drive. Air travel sucks donkey balls. No two ways about it. I despise it. Always have. Always will.
Agree completely. I used to love flying until maybe 20 years ago. Unless bad weather, you used to be able to set your watch by the airline schedules. Plus all the other hassles, baggage charges, airport fees & too many planes in the sky. "We will be delayed 15 minutes"---until the next "we will be delayed more" announcement.

Agree completely. I used to love flying until maybe 20 years ago. Unless bad weather, you used to be able to set your watch by the airline schedules. Plus all the other hassles, baggage charges, airport fees & too many planes in the sky. "We will be delayed 15 minutes"---until the next "we will be delayed more" announcement.
Those of us of a certain age will remember when flying was a real treat. I am an Army Brat, and when we would fly to and from Europe (to my dad's new duty stations) in the 1960's, people would actually dress up in their "Sunday best" for the flights. I recall the entire experience as being extremely comfortable and polite.

I really don't enjoy flying any more. I would much rather go first class Amtrak, if possible--even though a few years ago they ceased their china service and began using paper and plastic. Hmmm. Maybe they've reverted back. (There was a lot of grumbling...)

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom