Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went mine diving today in the hinterlands of SW WI. Air temp was 0F. Water temp was 48F.

When are you guys starting cold water diving in WI?
:D:D:D

I did have 40F water at the Ohio quarry last weekend.

Got my custom DUI DuoTherm 300 undersuit yesterday. It fits fabulous. Worth every penny. This is the only custom undersuit option DUI offers. It is such a luxury to have the correct length arms and legs. I got the package with the stock size vest and socks. The vest goes over top and fits well. The socks were backordered but are coming later. The current socks I have work fine.

I got the undies almost two months after I got my drysuit, but given that DUI was closed for two weeks over the holidays and then closed for two weeks due to covid earlier this month, I’m surprised I got them when I did.

The Apeks low profile dump valve on my drysuit is another matter. Leaked the first time I dove the suit, leaving it open all the way. Made sure it was tight. It was. Closed it a few clicks the last two days I’ve dived. I still got a bit wet. Well used to this BS from when I had my Fusion. In fact, the same model valve on my Fusion leaked a lot during my cave class, even when closed some. I told the buddy who is buying my Fusion that he’s going to have to totally replace the valve.

DUI is sending a replacement valve (same model) out to me.

When I talked to my instructor about drysuits and what options to get for cave diving, he said not to get the Apeks low profile valve for that exact reason.

When I talked to my instructor about drysuits and what options to get for cave diving, he said not to get the Apeks low profile valve for that exact reason.

I didn’t realize the Apeks valves were standard until after suit was ordered. The valves are under warranty for a year. When I emailed the shop, I made it very clear I’m well aware of the continuing issues with this valve and that I had experienced it with my Fusion. DUI guy apparently didn’t argue at all. Just asked for my address.

Si Tec valves all the way. Get it replace with a real dry valve!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom