Beer and rehydration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When i say Gatorade is good for after working out, I'm talking about like 2-3hrs of intense sweating and working your ass off which is normally what i do. This may not apply to some people who are at the gym just to use an olyptical

I'd say it wouldn't apply to most people

gatorade or beer????

hmmmm....

if it wasn't for the alcohol,beer would be a damn healthfood!!!!!!!

life on the edge...i'll have a beer!!!!

have fun
yaeg

Having home brewed for years, beer is basically liquid bread with a kick. Bake it and you got bread, boil it and you got beer.

Water is absorbed in the gut via osmosis. This gradient is created by co-transport of sodium and glucose molecules in the gut. That said, I will agree with two key points pointed out earlier:

1. Hydration should be done way before electrolyte losses.
2. If indeed you reach a point wherein your diving produces these losses, then you've been diving too hard.

Water is absorbed in the gut via osmosis. This gradient is created by co-transport of sodium and glucose molecules in the gut. That said, I will agree with two key points pointed out earlier:

1. Hydration should be done way before electrolyte losses.
2. If indeed you reach a point wherein your diving produces these losses, then you've been diving too hard.

I'd agree with both of those statements but as someone who sunburns easily and occasionally gets easily dehydrated as well, I'll say it's a lot easier to get dehydrated on a dive boat when you're in the sun and having fun but not really paying attention to how much water you're drinking.

Back
Top Bottom