Beginner Dive Computer Watch Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrlevin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any recommendations for dive computers or watches for a beginner?
Just passed my open water and psyched about all the gear there is to be had but want to make the right choice.

what do you want the watch to do for you???

act as a bottom timer with bare basic log info like time in/out/temps/depth/dive time ect

or use a dive computer/watch??

cheers and welcome... glad you have joined the SB family!

Figure out what you really want... and then just save and cough up for the right one first time.

If wireless and wrist mount computer is your thing, save up, console? Do your fact finding, and save up... - no point buying an inferior computer, only to have to sell it and trade up in 6 months...

I am looking for something that will give me the basic dive info. I have been looking at the Citizen Aqualand watches as well as Mares (Nemo) and Suunto Dive Computers. Any experience or suggestions with these?

The Citizen watches are a little difficult to find where I am in HK.

love the aqualands... mine is 10yrs old and hubbys is about 12yrs but im thinking of buying hubby the Citizen Hyper as a grad gift

the aqualand is a good timer. tells you how deep you are and how long you have been diving, has audiable alarms so you can set it up to turn back after 20mins if you want and after the dive can give you the basics to complete a logbook

batteries usually cost me about $50 and i only have to do it every few years

another SBer gave me this site last week and they might ship to you ; http://www.21jewels.com/search.asp

So are you looking for a computer or for a watch, or for both in one device?

I'd look at Oceanic for computers and just get an inexpensive Casio G-Shock for a watch.

I'm kind of in your boat-looking for a good dive computer to start out with. I'm considering the suunto vyper and mares nemo sport. I've spoken to people and searched the posts here...and both seem to get pretty good feedback.

duplicate message

I bought one in feb, this year wear it everyday and dive several times a year most recently over the 4th in Mexico, works fine and for the price I paid, is a wonderful piece of equipment...It saves the bulky console with my SPG....

Now saying all that, I am a little older ( 2nd half of my century ) and the graphics are a little small under water, but the hands are accurante and the alarms work on every level....

Retail is $600, I paid a little ove $300 on a cruise ship.....Can't do much better than that....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom