belize activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
We are thinking of taking a trip to Belize in Oct or Nov on the Nekton Pilot. Afterwards, we would like to spend some time learning about the country. Any comments on the Nekton Belize experience or suggestions about where to stay and what to do after we get off the boat, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Keith and Kathy

We did the Aggressor in Belize in May. On the last day, we went inland to Jaguar Paw resort and went Cave Tubing.

They have a nice restaurant and cabins there. If we were to go back and spend time on land, we'd probably stay a night at least there and do the cave tubing again - it was awesome, and the restaurant was interesting, with a nice bar, good service and good food.

I was in Belize in March and spent the last few days diving and snorkeling on Caye Caulker. Hoever, the majority of the time we spent on the mainland and if you have the time, I highly recommend going and staying in San Ignacio. It's almost to the border with Guatemala, about a 3 hour bus ride from Belize City. Lots to do outdoors: caving, river rafting, hiking, bird-watching, not to mention some awesome Mayan ruins. The weather is always nice becuase it's right on the river and higher up in the mountains. Absolutely beautiful and cheap as well!

:bounce:

Thanks for all the information regarding things to do in Belize. Our problem is this (it's happened to us before so we are not just being paranoid.) This is our big vacation for the year and we want to spend two weeks diving and enjoying a new country. However, in the past it has happened that one or the other (or both) of us gets an ear infection after a heavy week of diving. Therefore, we don't want to commit to a diving vacation for the second week but we want to have the option to dive if we are healthy. Can you recommend a place to stay during our second week that will give us "diving" and "not diving" options at a reasonable price? We don't need things like cable TV but we do like clean, air conditioned accomodations, a kitchenette or suite is preferred. I've heard that many of the the lodgings in Belize City are not the best available, but if we can't dive, will be spending all our time and money traveling back and forth from one of the atolls on a plane or boat to enjoy the local sites? Please advise, thanks so much, Keith and Kathy

Placencia would be a good choice. Good diving if you can access to a number of interior things if you can't, like the Cockscomp Jaguar Preserve. Search the Belize forum I mentioned above for specific recommendations as to lodging. If you want more of a layaround in the sun kind of place consider Caye Calker. Have fun:D
Kent

Hi guys,
Did you decide on a trip to Belize in Nov? We are going to be on the Nekton Pilot Nov. 8-15! Also going to do some cave tubing on the 7th.
Hope you have a great trip. Contact me via e-mail at DiverDoris@aol.com for details on our trip!! Maybe we can join up?
Take care,
Happy Diving!
Doris

... I used to get TERRIBLE ear infections every time I dove. On a recent dive trip to Grand Cayman, one of the dive masters gave me a solution to try - said she also used to get frequent ear infections, but hasn't had one since she started using this solution. You mix equal parts white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, and baby oil. Make sure you shake it well, and then put in each ear before and after each dive. I used this solution on the only dive trip I've taken since then, and it's the first time I haven't gotten an ear infection. Try it - it might work for you guys too!!

Ambergris Caye is fantastic - It is THE spot in Belize as far as nightlife and scuba is concerned.

I'll second San Ignacio too.

Some important points about Belize. Everyone is very friendly and speaks English, but make no mistake - it's a third world country. There are two paved roads outside of the capitol, so be prepared for bumpy bus rides....

A few pics of my adventure there can be found here

Back
Top Bottom