belize activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Belize in November and am interested in Turneffe Flats, Lighthouse Reef, & Blue Marlin Lodge. They seem pretty comparable in terms of proximity to good dive sights and facilities.

Can you please give me some information on any great or worrisome things about any of these 3 places?

kkrepps once bubbled...
A good information source on Belize is the Belize Forums at http://www.belizeforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi I used to live and teach in Belize and would be happy to answer any specific questions. What do you want to do, budget, level of aminities required ...?

A little more info on what you want would help. Turneffe and Lighthouse are both atolls not facilities. Turneffe has great diving. Lighthouse is home to the famous Blue Hole which is one of those "must see" places that are not really all they are cracked up to be. On the other hand there is great diving elsewhere around Lighthouse. Blue Marlin is located on South Water Caye, to the south of both Turneffe and Glovers. There are two other rustic lodges on the Caye. BM is the most upscale of the South Water Caye lodges. Diving is along the Southern Barrier Reef. Less populated than the atolls. Lots of spottted eagle rays and a fair number of turtles. All of the caye lodges in Belize are rustic by US standards. Not much night life, well not really any night life. So, if you need that sort of thing look else where. If laid back and rustic is good, than this is a good place. You will find sand flies. bring DEET. We like a less toxic stuff that works well against the little flying teeth, stuff is called Cactus Juice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom