Belize Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is the noise at Mayan Princess? The comments are for the most part very positive.

The noise wasn't too bad at the Mayan Princess. We got a 2nd floor room, the bedroom is at the back, away from the balcony and the beach. We were wakened a couple of times by partiers returning to the hotel and making noise in the hallway.

The diving outside the reef can be up to 80 feet; but mostly in the 60 foot range.

Great recommendations so far. Any restaurants that are a must while in San Pedro? I've read about the 3 hour boat ride to the blue hole for 8 minutes at max. depth, what are the average depths to expect at the reef? Any dive operators offer big steel tanks to maximize dive time or does everyone use AL80's? I really am appreciative of your comments.

Fido's is my favorite bar/restuarant in the Caribbean. We went there for lunch often, never actually ordered lunch just 3 or 4 appetizers like conch fritters, pan roasted shrimp, etc. Blue Water Grill is nice also. Used to be a Spanish/tapas kind of place south of town over toward the lagoon, not sure if it's still there, can't remember the name. Also there are some expensive but very good resaturants north of the bridge, you need to take a boat ride up for dinner.

My wife and I are going in 2 weeks for a veterinary conference held at Ramon's. Is it the resort or dive shop that's controversial? Should we plan to dive with other outfits instead?

Koen

My wife and I are going in 2 weeks for a veterinary conference held at Ramon's. Is it the resort or dive shop that's controversial? Should we plan to dive with other outfits instead?

Koen

Good Evening Koen,
I have attended the IVS Seminar in Belize 5 times since it became offered. You will have a fantastic time. If you'd like to PM, I'll throw in all my Belize advice wrapped into an email. We'll be headed down again but can't make the conference. We arrive on the 28th, as it coincides with our daughters Spring Break. If you havnt heard "Howie" as an instructor, you're in for a treat. Ken Lust, Summitview Cowiche Vet, Yakima, WA

Koen

Hi Koen

It's the business as a whole, and once you get into San Pedro and see their illumnated advertising hoardings, and the two clock recently erected in the middle of a street with Romon's tacky advertising TV screens all around it you'll see what I (and many others) mean. But the dive shop has always been the best part of Ramon's, and you should have a good time with them. Do take Ken up on his offer. And feel free to bring vet supplies down for the local humane society, SAGA. Check their website if you're not sure what they need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom