Belize Diving Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubafanatic25

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hello, im trying to plan our honeymoon and we want to do 6-8 dives in belize. The blue hole is a must for us but are trying to find recommendations for other spots. there seems to be soo many to choose from. Are dive resorts worth it or should i just be booking day trips from these dive companies? We dont want to do a liveaboard ship. We are both just open water certified but are debating getting our advance before then.

I've stays at Tradewinds Paradise Villas and really enjoyed it. Right on the beach and a few feet from the pier. Condos with full kitchen. Local dives originate from said pier, They have hotel and dive packages and can arrange the 3 dive Blue Hole excursion.

Skip ideas of the blue hole (it's a boring marketing destination). It is a VERY long and BUMPY day trip, unless you are staying at Long Caye. So sit back and decide what you want to do.

There are lots of small resorts off the coast of Belize. Not much to do bit relax and get a very few dives in. Food & room maybe iffy.

Try a Google search against Scubaboard as there are lots of Belize threads.

We do LOB in Belize and nap during the bule hole dive.

Skip ideas of the blue hole (it's a boring marketing destination). It is a VERY long and BUMPY day trip, unless you are staying at Long Caye. So sit back and decide what you want to do.

To each his own. Bumpy out but following seas coming back in with rum & pineapple drinks served up by the crew. I really enjoyed the lunch served up at Half Moon Caye and walking out to see the booby birds :). The other 2 dives alone were worth the price of admission.

Are you aware the Blue Hole dive tends to be to depths around 130 feet? You've got under 25 dives and OW cert. Even if an op. offered to take you to the Blue Hole for a dive, do you understand what risks you're undertaking? Have you done some deep diving?

Richard.

Are you aware the Blue Hole dive tends to be to depths around 130 feet? You've got under 25 dives and OW cert. Even if an op. offered to take you to the Blue Hole for a dive, do you understand what risks you're undertaking? Have you done some deep diving?

Richard.
Nothing to the depth of 130. But we are looking at shops that offer dives for open water level certs. And keep the depths 70 and above. But as you mentioned majority are 130 depths and they mention the intermediate/expert level diving experience required. Which isn't us, nor am I trying to pass as that. I'm assuming even doing a shallower dive the blue hole would be a site to see.

I've stays at Tradewinds Paradise Villas and really enjoyed it. Right on the beach and a few feet from the pier. Condos with full kitchen. Local dives originate from said pier, They have hotel and dive packages and can arrange the 3 dive Blue Hole excursion.

I just looked them up. They look nice. How were the dives? And were they 1 tank dives a day or multiple?

Thanks!

I just looked them up. They look nice. How were the dives? And were they 1 tank dives a day or multiple?

Thanks!
The villas are great. It is a 10 minute walk to downtown restaurants and there is a deli and grocery story very close by. There's a bar and grill type restaurant on the pier just a couple hundred steps away. The local dives were good to OK - pretty fished out as other threads will note. Local dives were all 2 tank dives (with intermission on a pier/beach). Night dive was inside the reef but interesting. If I were to do Belize again I'd schedule two Blue Hole excursions around local reef dives.

Nothing to the depth of 130. But we are looking at shops that offer dives for open water level certs. And keep the depths 70 and above. But as you mentioned majority are 130 depths and they mention the intermediate/expert level diving experience required. Which isn't us, nor am I trying to pass as that. I'm assuming even doing a shallower dive the blue hole would be a site to see.
Congratulations,

The Blue Hole is a dive once site. I did it too early in my diving, only around 25 dives. I've had the opportunity many times to dive it since, but declined as there really isn't anything to see. If there was the internet would be full of underwater pictures not just surface shots.

However, the reef dives around the atoll are worth diving, but I wouldn't travel 4 hours for them.

For something different have a look at ReefCI.

A great dive outfit is Amego Del Mar on Aberguis Kaye....we also did the BH....yes, it's a scratch it off the bucket list one timer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom