Belize over Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H20Bubbles

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just found out that we will be going to Belize over Christmas for a family vacation staying on Ambergis Caye just outside of San Pedro. We will likely be able to get in two days of diving from the 5 we are down there.

Any recommendations on a good dive operator? We would like to do both local and say the Blue Hole (of course).

Thanks!

It's going to be very busy at that time, and most dive operators can take you out. You may find it more restful to use one near your accommodation, though most will pick you up if you're in the town area.

Why "of course" for the Blue Hole?

Why of course? Outside of Belize it is the most talked about dive site there... any other recommendations of where to dive? We will only have two of the five days for diving.

The Blue Hole is heavily hyped and for the right diver is quite a good dive, but for many people it is simply daunting - a true "bottle" dive. And total run time will only be around 25mins. It may be right for you, but you should research first. Have a look on my website to see what I say about it (you'll find it in my profile). And search here for comments on the dive.

Dude I would dive the Blue Hole again!! Also the dives after on Half Moon Caye are GREAT too! Of course I like vertical rock/coral dives

Both Peter and Lake are right, But saying that , since you are going to be here in Belize and have an interest in a truly unique dive i would do the BH, itis not just another quarry dive (Hague). The second and third dives are great.
As for dive centers peter is right most will pick you up at your hotel if you are staying not that far away. if you are staying up north you choice dwindles a little.
We have started daily pick ups from Portifino's going south to town every day.
If you are interested, give us a look ecologic DIVERS Dive Trips & Tours - Scuba, Snorkel, Fish, Vacation in Ambergris, Belize
other dive centers i would look at are Amigo del mar, White sands
you can PM me if you other questions about the diving here,

I would recommend Aqua Scuba Center they are located at Journey's End Resort. It is a new dive operation with the support of the well-known Aqua Dives Belize. For your Blue Hole/ Lighthouse Trip they can arrange for you to go in the 52ft. dive boat from Aqua Dives Belize. It is the largest dive boat on the island. I assure you that you will expierence an ultimate, safe and luxurious dive experience.

what are the chances of securing half-decent accomodation in Belize over xmas by booking now?

We seem to have gotten decent accomodations... going down for 5 days with the wife and her parents. Will be our first time in Belize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom