Belt attachment for wrangling long hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rileymartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I can't afford a canister light right now but need a way to wrangle my long hose to my belt. The canister would allow me to wrap the hose underneath it and keep the hose close to my body but I need an alternative.

I was looking for a way to fasten the long hose to the right side of a harness belt to keep it from floating away from the body? Something like a nylon loop I could put on the belt with perhaps a stainless steel clip to attach to the hose? Basically I need a way to keep the hose down and in at my belt but allow me to fasten/unfasten it if needed.

Thanks,

Riley

I used a Dive Rite mask pocket prior to getting a canister light. I still use it to keep my spare mask.

If you don't have a canister light, you most likely are not diving in an overhead. Going with a 5' hose is another option. It routes nicely under the arm. That's how I have my open water recreational regulator routed.

One accessory that I think makes a workable hose control point as well as having genuine utility is called the Halcyon harness pocket:

BC System Accessories | Halcyon Dive Systems

It's arguably most effective in circumstances where the diver wouldn't use a cannister light anyway, such as if one is using a bp/wing in basically a recreational environment with a wetsuit. But its a decent sized pocket that attaches to the harness in the same location as the cannister light, and traps the long hose in the same manner.

YMMV, of course.

Doc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom