Beneath The Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were at the ScubaBoard booth at around 11 am Sunday morning when we saw the two guys. The one on the left was making no attempt to meet anyone, like I said he was mostly wrapped up in eating something and gave off an unfriendly unapproachable attitude.

The other guy was in a friendly chat with a few people that stopped by. I recall he had long hair.

I had a mental list of users I was curious to see irl...and you, idocsteve, were on it. Too bad you didn't stop by and say hi Saturday. Next time say hi to the booth peeps instead of walking on by...

I had a mental list of users I was curious to see irl...and you, idocsteve, were on it. Too bad you didn't stop by and say hi Saturday. Next time say hi to the booth peeps instead of walking on by...

We got there Saturday night, just in time to grab dinner at the restaurant at the Sheridan, and then head upstairs to the movie festival.

Yeah I guess I should have stopped by the booth..well in fact we did...and stood there a few moments but like I said the one guy couldn't care less and the other was engaged in conversation with others at the time, and that was it.

I worked the Scubaboard booth with Wrybosome and Beiji (the two Tims and Lisa) on Saturday from 1pm to 5pm. It was great seeing and talking to fellow SBers I have met face to face before, but it was even better to meet new SBers I have not met in person before. I hope some of the other people that came up to the booth that joined up for SB and the ones that plan to jump on here soon. Great show!

Biggest disappointment... Nobody I talked to at the SB booth knew who JeffG was. One of them knew he had something to do with the cat. Dude you need to try harder.
You certainly did not stop by on Saturday from 9AM - 1PM, cause I would have said I know of JeffG and met him at the last ITK. :D

We were at the ScubaBoard booth at around 11 am Sunday morning when we saw the two guys. The one on the left was making no attempt to meet anyone, like I said he was mostly wrapped up in eating something and gave off an unfriendly unapproachable attitude.

The other guy was in a friendly chat with a few people that stopped by. I recall he had long hair.

Yeah I guess I should have stopped by the booth..well in fact we did...and stood there a few moments but like I said the one guy couldn't care less and the other was engaged in conversation with others at the time, and that was it.

Steve - Sorry about the negative perception you received but did you try to initiate conversation? I cannot imagine anyone being rude on purpose but I was not there. The SB volunteers talked to everyone who stopped by when I was there on Saturday so much so that my voice was so hoarse that evening and all of yesterday. Was great to meet many SBers and place faces on the SB handles.

You certainly did not stop by on Saturday from 9AM - 1PM, cause I would have said I know of JeffG and met him at the last ITK. :D

Since I didn't roll out of bed until near noon there was no way that was going to happen (I was still on Mountain time. That's the story I'm going with).

Hey Steve, I was the guy with the long hair and I'm sorry I didnt get to talk to you on sunday. I was trying to talk to as many SB'ers as possible. If you had come up to me even if I was talking to someone I'm sure I would have intro'd myself! I met a ton of SB'ers and hopefully got a few to sign up! It was great to hang with Y'all (chanelling Scubasam)
Dbuggy (Rich)

Hey Steve, I was the guy with the long hair and I'm sorry I didnt get to talk to you on sunday. I was trying to talk to as many SB'ers as possible. If you had come up to me even if I was talking to someone I'm sure I would have intro'd myself! I met a ton of SB'ers and hopefully got a few to sign up! It was great to hang with Y'all (chanelling Scubasam)
Dbuggy (Rich)

I'm sorry I didn't stick around, you doing your thing, as we left you were walking them over to one of the computer terminals...and we wanted to cover the whole exhibit floor so I was only there momentarily.

I made an attempt to catch the eye of the guy who was over on the left side but like I said he really didn't seem into talking so we kept on going. I figured I'd stop back before we left but I never did...

Steve - Sorry about the negative perception you received but did you try to initiate conversation? I cannot imagine anyone being rude on purpose but I was not there.

He wasn't rude, just not at all interested in making conversation. You know how it is, you walk up to a booth, and either the person working the booth will come up to you and initiate conversation, or at least catch your eye when you're looking around the booth and at them...he didn't do any of the above so I figured why bother.

Maybe he was just hanging out and not working the booth, but if someone's behind the counter, you naturally figure they're representing the booth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom