Best dive computer for older eyes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A large display solves one problem but does nothing for the larger one. If you can't read your computer you can't see all those interesting critters, settings on a camera, or your buddy's computer. Invest in your vision first. On the positive side, you're not alone.

A large display solves one problem but does nothing for the larger one. If you can't read your computer you can't see all those interesting critters, settings on a camera, or your buddy's computer. Invest in your vision first. On the positive side, you're not alone.
True enough. But unfortunately there is only so much modern science and technology can do. I gave up on nudibranchs and other truly small sea life years ago.

I remember reading somewhere about using a handheld magnifying glass but haven't gotten that desperate...yet.

Chest mount .... but I am working on a thigh mount accessory:cool2:

divenav_sdapp_ucsc_3_560.jpg

I'd suggest researching a "cold water" replacement for your current glove........ :D

True enough. But unfortunately there is only so much modern science and technology can do. I gave up on nudibranchs and other truly small sea life years ago...

Prescription bifocal masks suck less than missing all that detail... for me anyway. Considering it isn't going to get any better you may as well bite the bullet and get used to them.

True enough. But unfortunately there is only so much modern science and technology can do. I gave up on nudibranchs and other truly small sea life years ago.

I remember reading somewhere about using a handheld magnifying glass but haven't gotten that desperate...yet.

Me too, if I can't see it, it's not there.

I'm also a big fan of the Atomic Cobalt. The bright screen helps these old eyes.

Thanks, we have a new firmware release for the Cobalt finishing beta testing now (some here on SB have been using it) that “zooms” the countdown timers at stops, which were the smallest fonts. This was in response to requests to accommodate older eyes- and since the Cobalt’s designers are all on the other side of 60, we sympathize. :wink:

High contrast levels are very important for vision, so emissive color screens are much easier to read.

-Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom