Best Dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sartech3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum so bear with me. I've gone through a few "dive" watches over the years with the most recent being a Luminox Navy Seal diver that failed miserably with mechanical as well as outer issues over and over. Also dealt with terrible customer service from the company. Anyway I need some advice from people who know real dive watches and diving well. I need a relatively inexpensive dive watch, under the $500 range that I can wear all the time including diving and that is reliable and not full of fancy gimmicks. It will be worn in pretty much all environments. Thanks!

Have you checked out something like the Citizen aqualand series?
Their suggested retail is I think slightly above $500, but theres always a good deal to be had if you shop around a bit..

I use a Casio G-Shock.

The Frogman series is well suited for divers, although I do not think they offer any with depth gauges at the moment.

Another option would be one of the Suunto D-series watches?

I was thinking about starting a similar thread. I'm looking for a good watch that is either analog/digital or completely digital. People keep suggesting the g shock but I think they are a bit too gaudy for me. I'm looking at and even smaller budget (less than $200, but preferably less than $100) and just want something that is built well but also looks nice.

I've worn my Seiko Diver's (SKX007) daily for over 13+ years.

Representative photo. I did change out the rubber watch strap for a NATO watch strap.
SKX_007J_d.jpg

I second the seiko. I have a skx173 and it's great super reliable and it's an automatic. I use a NATO strap as well.

Yep seiko rocks! I use a Zulu band, they are thicker than the NATO bands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been wearing a Citizen Promaster Aqualand Eco-drive Model JVOXXX 24/7 for three years. Watch has a dive mode that provides dive time, depth (to 300 ft), temp. asent rate alarm, and dive log function. In addition there are three alarms and multiple time zone options. Watch is great and serves as back up to my several dive computers. Retail on the watch I think is $499, got mine in St. Thomas for $312 out the door. Citizen service is great if you need it, just send watch to CA service center, they fix it and return with very short turn arround. If it's in warranty, no questions asked except whats wrong.

Eco-Drive Citizens are a fairly solid choice. I do seem to have troubles with the screw down crown backing out on mine (think the folds/wrinkles in my DS grabs the crown). It hasn't opened yet, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom