Best fins for wrecks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're trying to decide between the Turtle and Power fins, my advice would be to go with the Turtles. I use them and know several others who do as well. Most all of my other wreck diving buddies use Jets.

I have a pair of Force fins and I love them. kicking is effortless and you can build up some good speed against a current. I also like them because they are short so they dont get in the way when you are inside. you can also frog kick really well thus minimizing a silt cloud.
Youre welcome,
Brandon

Jet fins are the gold standard as they are very durable take abrasion extremely well and are very ammenable to frog kicks that are used in overhead situations. Also with a good set of spring straps they have no hardware to snag inside a wreck.
Quick side question. Where do you get the spring straps for JetFins? Been looking for them for a while.

halcyon makes great spring straps. Costs around $60 but will last forever. extreme exposure sells them online.

Keep in mind the properties of the fin don't matter if they don't fit right. I wear 10 - 10 1/2 booties / dry suit boots, the XL Jets were too small for me, and Turtles foot pocket was too big (makes your foot slide around). I got some Salvo XXL, which are between the Jet XL & the Turtles, and they fit great. They are also heavy (dense) rubber construction, similar in buoyancy characteristics to the Jets. The Salvo spring straps are very nice as well.

I can actually wear the Salvo XXLs with my Sea Soft 3mm booties, Deep Sea 7mm booties and my drysuit boots with decent undergarments - I never thought I'd find a fin I could do that with.

Rob

I use OMS Slipstreams,
Best,
Adair

I just received a pair of Rocket IIs , they will replace my trusted old Rockets no 1 or 2 back then, the bottoms finally wore thru and some of the scars were compromising on the outer edges, they will be missed, We were together for 3 decades.

I used to use rocket fins and they worked well. I know use splits aminly because they are easier on my arthritic knees. I can get them to work adequately for wrecks.

AL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom