best hotel in Ambergris Caye?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bsmith3163

Registered
Reaction score
We are going back to Belize in September and would like to hear about where people have stayed. We stayed at Woody's last time and had a good time but are thinking about choosing a place a little newer. We are looking for a place that is reasonable and within walking distance to San Padro. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Hi and welcome! I have never been to Belize, so I dont have anything that I can share with you (other then have a GREAT time...) but I know that there are people around here that have info to share!!

Kayla

We stayed at Exotic Caye resort. It was very nice...2-story bungalows of different sizes. I think it was on the lower end of pricing for right-on-the-beach. The pool sucks, though. It's an above ground deal that smells strongly of vinyl.

Walk to San Pedro is about 10-15 minutes depending on your clip.

Some of the others look nice too...but based on what we experienced, we felt we had the best. Ramon's gets a lot of play, but when we went to eat there, they charged us US$ for meals, at prices that we'd normally pay Belize$, and the food was mediocre.

The atmosphere was pretty touristy there...so we stayed away for the most part. Still, the dive operation just in front of Ramon's is, I think, the largest on SP.

I decided to go small for my refresher course and a night dive. Everett at Ocean Adventures (in front of Exotic Caye) is an outstanding instructor.

Wherever you stay, have fun!

Russell

I stayed at the Aquamarina Suites last year and was impressed with everything there. Nice bedroom, spacious parlor with kitchenette, balcony. Some of the rooms overlook a small cemetery, so be sure to tell them in advance if that would be a problem for anyone.

I also dived with the worst operator I've ever been out with. If you're not sure who you want to dive with, do your research on our Central America forum. Here's a link to my trip report here if you're interested.

don
:biggrinba

PS: I hope I don't get accused of copy & paste greeting, but there are a few suggestions I do like to offer every new member. First, it's good to keep your Profile with location and Dive Info with number of dives up to date so other members can address any questions appropriately; edit these as possibly needed from your UserCP above or the Quick Links above.

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

bsmith3163:
We are going back to Belize in September and would like to hear about where people have stayed. We stayed at Woody's last time and had a good time but are thinking about choosing a place a little newer. We are looking for a place that is reasonable and within walking distance to San Padro. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Howdy there, and welcome to Scuba Board (the best, and biggest Board for recreational scuba divers)!

As for your request, my personal favourite is the Belize Yacht Club, which is actually a hotel with en suite accommodations, and right at the end of its dock is Protech Belize, a truly excellent diving operation catering to everyone from basic new divers to advanced technical divers.

Again, welcome aboard!

I have stayed at the Sunbreeze.....can't get much closer to San Pedro then that. It was ok. Not great but not bad either. I dove with the operator that Dandy Don doesn't like....they were great the first time and not good the second time. They were never unsafe just not really great.....same dive site over and over.
Best thing about the Sunbreeze is that it is right next door to BC's bar! Say hey to Ernie for me!
Oh yeah, welcome to the board!

Joe

We stayed at the Princess Maya , right in San Pedro. Its basically a apartment block. Nice rooms with Balconies right onto the beach. You have to supply your own meals but there are restaurants all around you and the price is pretty good. Amigos Del Mar is right out front and we found them to be a first class dive operation. Their cruiser to the Blue hole is a pretty fast, big 40+' boat and very comfortable. Good luck with the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom