Best liveaboard in Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tovster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am planning a trip for New Years, and from what I gather, Thialand is the best "winter" destination for diving, with lots of life in comfortable water. It was suggested that a liveaboard will provide the best diving trip. What is the best liveaboard that sails in the area of the best diving in Thailand?

Alternatively, what is the best dive resort in Thailand?

Thanks,
John

John the diving is great in December and there are so many Liveaboard options available depending on your budget requiremets etc?? For example The Ocean Rover offers sheer luxury and comfort and The Junk Chinese Sailing boat offers unique mystique atmosphere, Le Mahe excellent value for money, MV Nautica a classy boat etc etc.

Please feel welcome to PM me for any detailed info.

There are not really any "dive resorts" in Thailand (ie places that cater mainly to divers), though some resorts have a dive center office in them (such as Le Meridien in Phuket or Phi Phi Island Village). When discussing the "best" boat, budget is a key factor. The Ocean Rover is great, but not if you're a backpacker! My favourites (based on trips I've done, knowledge of the boats and crew) are (in descending price order) The Junk, Queen Scuba, West Coast Explorer. The differences are huge so it's worth doing some reading around to compare the boats and asking as many questions as you can!

Cheers
Jamie

Traminer:
Just found this place... haven't heard of it in Kata/Karon before. Anyone has any reviews?
http://www.diversinn.com/

Yes, a good friend of mine is 1 of the owners. Divers Inn is located in Karon about 4 minutes walk to the beach. Clean rooms, adequate breakfast facilities and friendly staff.

The Anggun is certainly very nice indeed....unfortunately the boat is not running this season and is for sale.

I like the Black Manta but, then again, I am very biased. :wink:

OnTheSpot:
The Anggun is certainly very nice indeed....unfortunately the boat is not running this season and is for sale.

Really?? Wonder why Fritz is selling...that is an awesome boat. I was looking forward to going back in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom