Best liveaboard in Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zippsy, we want to take a look at the Black Manta before she starts Similan trips. When is the boat going to come up to Phuket?

PS Zippsy, so are you saying you don't like the White Manta? :wink:

OnTheSpot:
PS Zippsy, so are you saying you don't like the White Manta? :wink:
:D I like the White Manta but the poster asked which was the best liveaboard in Thailand. The White Manta isn't even the best in Vincent's two-ship "fleet". It's hard for the White Manta to compete with the Black Manta's en-suite cabins, spacious dive deck, cavernous saloon, plasma TV, Thai masseuse, etc. Dang, now you make me sound like I'm advertising for the guy. :crafty:

BTW, both ships sail to Phuket the week of 30 October. I'll pass Vincent your message and ask him if he can try to get a hold of you so you can get a tour.

I've done two scuba trips to Phuket in the past two years and did a three day live-aboard with South Siam Divers in the Similan islands. The diving was suuperb, and I did it on one of the least expensive boats....think it was $375 for three days, two nights and 11 dives...could hardly beat it!
I stumbled into the Phuket Scuba Club two years ago and really like the South African couple who run it...Kevan and Chantal (hope I got both names right, or at least close). I set up all my dives through Kevan...he knows everyone in the business on the island and since every dive shop is essentially a "broker" of every kind of dive, any of them probably would work out, but you will feel very much at "home" with this dive shop. They also have some close off-shore dives that you can do in one of their small boats if you need to get warmed up or refresher training.
I don't work for this shop or get anything from them....just my two cents.
Their web site is www. phuket-scuba-club.com.
I'm thinking of doing a 5 day live-aboard this year I enjoyed it so much!!

My wife and I are planning to do a 3-4 day liveaboard in Phuket. Ideally go towards the Similans.

This is our first liveaboard, and we (obviously) want something comfortable / luxuorious, with good service and safety. It seems like the best boats only do the 5-7 day or longer trips. Our budget is around $350-500/day for the two of us (is this reasonable)?

Anyone have any suggestions? We are going in February.

Hi blenny,

Well, a budget of US$ 350 per day per PERSON will get you just about anything in the area. You are right, the luxury boats do tend to make longer trips from 5 - 9 days. The "best" liveaboard would be the Ocean Rover, but the trips are all from 8 - 12 days - and the price is more like 340 U$/day/person.

I had a look for a good boat doing shorter trips. Best options may be the Queen Scuba (all trips are 4 days and the Master cabin is well worth it, just about within your budget). You'll be well looked after by tour leader Rich.

Liveaboards

Queen Scuba

Back
Top Bottom