Best liveaboard in Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'd like to have used the Anggun this year too...
She'll be missed...

Anyways John, if you're still in need of a Liveaboard for your trip, there's plenty of us around to help you find you what your budget allows.

For what it's worth, I'm heading to Phuket for a 4D/4N trip on the White Manta to Similans, Ko Bon, Ko Tachai and Richelieu Rock leaving on 12 January. It's not as fancy as the Black Manta but when I'm paying, I can do without the en-suite cabins, etc. I sure wish the WM had the Thai massuese though!

ScubaGuards:
We'd like to have used the Anggun this year too...
She'll be missed...

Anyways John, if you're still in need of a Liveaboard for your trip, there's plenty of us around to help you find you what your budget allows.

I :heart: The Anggun...I actually asked my Mom the other day where I could get a million dollars to buy it...she laughed.

Zippsy:
I sure wish the WM had the Thai massuese though!

Zipster.. I think another dive op has done a one up on WM/BM... they now provide a super nanny onboard while you are both diving!!! She is also available if the adults want an adult night out in Patong. And she's a trained DM too!! :14:

seems like only south siam diver and scuba cat are offering mini liveaboard. Planning to join 3days/2 night trip on new year. Is there another operator that offering 3d/2n trip? Which operator should i choose considering this is my first liveaboard trip and I still a beginner diver and I am a female that traveling alone.
And would like to know how many ppls max will dive together in a group with a DM?

Thanks stevenl.
the boats that you mentioned sounds good, but too bad they don't fit on my schedule.

Another question, i read that they are not using rope to entry when dive with liveaboard. Is it true?
I never do that and doubt if Ican do that....

I guess you mean for the descent?

Correct, only on a few sites you will descent with a line, most of the descents will be with visual reference only, just as you learned (if you're PADI certified) during Open Water dive 3, or without reference (open water dive 4).

And even if you don't remember these descents from your course: no worries, you will always have a visual reference of the reef or bottom to control your descent, just relax and make a nice and slow descent.

Purr:
seems like only south siam diver and scuba cat are offering mini liveaboard. Planning to join 3days/2 night trip on new year. Is there another operator that offering 3d/2n trip? Which operator should i choose considering this is my first liveaboard trip and I still a beginner diver and I am a female that traveling alone.
And would like to know how many ppls max will dive together in a group with a DM?
Hi Purr. The White Mantadoes 3d/2n trips. Some are scheduled as that and others go to the Similans for longer periods but you can cut the trip short down to 3d/2n by returning on a speedboat. I think other operators also allough this although I don't know others with scheduled short trips. If you send the owner an e-mail when you are going, they can tell you if a short trip will fit in.

BTW, I work on this boat on weekends when it sails from Singapore April to October but I dove with them before I worked there too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom