Best Mouldable Mouthpiece?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ComfoBite causes some people to gag.
A concern I have heard with the Seacure is that it can cause gagging if donated to another which makes it less desirable with primary donate.

A concern I have heard with the Seacure is that it can cause gagging if donated to another which makes it less desirable with primary donate.
I have found that in a true out of gas emergency, the diver would suck a fart from a donkeys butt to get a breath, so dealing with a less than perfect mouthpiece is not a lethal issue.

I have found that in a true out of gas emergency, the diver would suck a fart from a donkeys butt to get a breath, so dealing with a less than perfect mouthpiece is not a lethal issue.
The gag reflex can be hard to overcome.

The seacure made me gag. I trimmed the hell out of it and stopped the gagging, but now it has lots of sharp edges. They also claim you can reboil and remold it. That's true, but it just remolds over top of what was previously molded. Way too expensive for what it is. I replaced it with a comfobite.

i was thinking of getting a moldable. My husband has the original Seacure and it’s too big for me. I see they’re now selling the “X” version thats supposed to be less likely to make you gag. I don’t know how long that’s been out and am wondering if it would work for someone with a smaller mouth who hated the original. Or for anyone who has tried both, would the Trident version be a more likely fit?
(I hate the Comfobite.)

Give Mares JAX clones a try. Softer and shorter in length.
1702327041977.png

'Dive this one from Deep6: Moldable Mouthpiece.

My SeaCure mouthpiece has alleviated jaw fatigue and no more biting chunk off mouthpiece for years now. I can dive for two weeks of diving, raking 40 dives without jaw fatigue.

IMG_2655.jpeg

I won’t use it as primary donate. No buddy can get my primary regulator out of my mouth. With SeaCure mouthpiece, it’s stuck in my mouth until I want to take it off. If the OOA buddy tries to pull it off my mouth, he / she may end up bashing my head against his / her head. When that happens, I would rip his or her primary regulator out of his / her mouth, grab my Octopus and shove it to his / her mouth.

The moldable mouthpiece sticks in my mouth pretty snuggly, I am convinced that if I pass out underwater, the moldable mouthpiece would keep the primary regulator from falling off my mouth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom