Best Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. What's funny is how many other sites and message boards I found with the same wrong spelling!

Hey if your average RBist can't even manage to spell "Drager", what chance to they have with Ouroboros?

When it comes to names, KISS has the right idea.

grunzster:
Thanks. What's funny is how many other sites and message boards I found with the same wrong spelling!

oxyhacker:
Hey if your average RBist can't even manage to spell "Drager", what chance to they have with Ouroboros?

When it comes to names, KISS has the right idea.

Vance,

What chance does the average RBist have if the premier Oxyhacker himself can't spell it either?

If you use the spelling with just the "a", to be correct it should have the umlaut over it, which I note in passing that neither you nor I seem to have in our special character files! :D

Interestingly, the factory seems to use both that spelling and the (I assume) Anglicised version of "Draeger" interchangeably, judging by their web-site and their press releases.

The company web-site is listed as:

www.draeger.com

Cheers!

Rob

BigJetDriver69:
Vance,

What chance does the average RBist have if the premier Oxyhacker himself can't spell it either?

If you use the spelling with just the "a", to be correct it should have the umlaut over it, which I note in passing that neither you nor I seem to have in our special character files! :D

Interestingly, the factory seems to use both that spelling and the (I assume) Anglicised version of "Draeger" interchangeably, judging by their web-site and their press releases.

The company web-site is listed as:

www.draeger.com

Cheers!

Rob

You dont need it in your special file.. just use the character map function in windows (its in the system font)
or use the numberic keypad (cant use regular numbers, and dont forget to hit numlock), while holding down the alt key type in 228 and y64 w533 get
ä

Or use a Mac. option + u gives the the umlaut, see: ¨ :D
All you have to do is decide on which letter you want it. :wink:

padiscubapro:
... or use the numberic keypad (cant use regular numbers, and dont forget to hit
numlock), while holding down the alt key type in 228 and y64 w533 get
ä
You gotta be kidding. All that for two little dots ... :11:

Luckily Rob is correct, ae for ä is acceptable in German.
Any decent online dictionary will recognize and translate it.
Same for oe and ue for ö and ü, respectively.

oxyhacker:
That was the joke, son.

Anyhow, we used up all our umlauts early this month, and were flat out when I made that post.

Hey Vance,

I realized that was the joke, podner, but ya gotta remember that I hang around with Stefan and Joe, and these guys (much as I love 'em) sit up late at night thinking about stuff like this!! :lol: :lol:

Rob

BigJetDriver69:
It's actually perfectly correct, in terms of German grammar, to spell it Dräger or Draeger. An umlaut over a vowel implies an e after that vowel; it's just that German-language purists (grammar Nazis!!! yes, I just went there) don't like it when people don't use umlauts.

Attention site mods: How come I can't use the standard &...; tags, like ä for ä? Plsfixkthx.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom