• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Best rooms at Casa Mexicana?

Discussion in 'Cozumel' started by Snoweman, Jun 27, 2019.

1. gcawad

gcawad Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    After many many years of staying at the Casa Mexicana I don’t think any of their sliding glass doors lock securely.

2. Snoweman

Snoweman Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Room 502 resisted the same tug I gave in 507. It would be a big plus if they would provide a bar that would really stop the door from being opened.

3. uncfnp

uncfnp Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Pack a length of pvc. Should weigh next to nothing and if you are concerned it should serve as a good backup even if the lock does work.

4. Snoweman

Snoweman Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Great idea! But I forgot to pack a tape measure to know how long to cut my PVC piece.

5. uncfnp

uncfnp Solo Diver

It can only be so long or won’t fit in your luggage. Chances are it wouldn’t be the entire length of the door but might be enough to get them to try somewhere else. But honestly, i think the risk is pretty low.

6. Memo Mendoza

Memo Mendoza Angel Fish

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!

hola Snoweman , I will like to help, please send me an email at memo@aldora.com

I have just started working with CM, bahia and colonial, I will like to hear what is best for divers from divers that have stayed there.

please feel free to email me and we are just around the corner from Casa Mexicana, we can assist you.

Memo Mendoza

chillyinCanada likes this.
  7. bhalah

bhalah Solo Diver

If the lock is problematic next time you are there, perhaps buying a cheap wooden broom at Chedraui and cutting the handle to length would work.

8. ReefHound

ReefHound PADI Pro

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Or measure the length then walk to a ferreteria and ask them for a piece of pvc or wood of that length. Leave it behind and suggest CM do it for all of their rooms.

Since Memo and Jeannie work with CM often, maybe one of them could make this suggestion?

9. BrewingDiver

BrewingDiver Barracuda

Good idea. No need to bring saws down with you. Although I think my multi tool has a saw blade come to think of it.

10. deepsea21

deepsea21 Manta Ray

I think the problem stems from idiot guests who slam the sliding door shut with the latch in the locked position. Then it gets bent and if management straightens it it just gets bent again by the next idiot until it eventually will shear off after being bent back and forth a few times. I personally don't worry about it as Coz isn't known for cat burglars. If you are worried about theft I hope all realize all hotel room safes are about as secure as leaving your valuables out in a brown paper bag. Basically, don't travel with something you can't afford to have stolen.

BrewingDiver and ReefHound like this.