Best shore diving in your state

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billbb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Heading out west this summer looking for good shore dives in the following states
SD ND MT WY ID OR NV nd UT
They need to be places that allow Solo diving

Thanks in advance

Bill B

And also off-prem tank rentals including a list of LDS? Bringing your own dry suit? Lead weights? What are you needing to rent?

Like snow skiing, i have endeavored to SCUBA in improbable and obscure places- sink holes, tourist caves, missile silos, flooded towns, but your list is…. Challenging?

I would google the “state name” and “scuba” or padi or….See what hits. This worked well for me in indiana where i found- not much- but enough, actually got air from a Fire Department, a rare thing in this era.

There is SCUBA in Tahoe (brrrr!) but your list makes me think mostly of cattle ponds :wink:

For Nevada, I'd say Lake Tahoe, though I never dived elsewhere in the state. You're better off continuing down I-80 and head down to Monterey if time permits.

Thanks,

Tahoe is on the list
I dove it years ago with my sons
Is there any Tahoe site that you like to dive

Thanks,

Tahoe is on the list
I liked the scenery above the water at Sand Harbor. I didn't find that things changed that dramatically underwater at different sites. I'd prefer to dive Monterey when I had a contract in the Sacramento area. Rubicon Wall is one you should try. I'd put that as one of the more interesting sites in Lake Tahoe.

Thanks,

Tahoe is on the list
Speed Boat Beach on the Cal-Nevada state line on the north side.
Don’t forget, you need a dive flag for the Nevada side.

I’ve dove Tahoe once. Pretty damn cold and not a whole lot to see at sand harbor. Lots of rocks and two large fish off on the distance. That’s it.

I learned to dive in lake mead. Again not a whole lot to see. The occasional couple of fish but not much else. Viz was meh.

Sand hollow in southern Utah was a bit more interesting. Better viz than lake mead. The beach at sand hollow was nice to hang out on. I believe there is a plane in sand hollow.

I’ve also dove a few times at lake Mojave. There was a small bus and car. Otherwise. It a whole lot. Again fair to medium viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom