Best Way To Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

History is NOT repeating itself! I hope.
I wonder what the new Clark airport will be named!
Manila needs a proper ring road to divert all the unnecessary traffic.
For the divers going to Anilao or PG, NAIA is a much better option. But to those with domestic connection then I can see the advantage of the Clark.
No one would ever miss the T1 in NAIA!

Thank you for all the information. Also trying to use points to travel and Philippine Airlines isn't so easy for that. However, if I do go that route, there seems to be a workaround with ANA.

If you can pick your dates, ANA is only a little more expensive than PAL, and more comfortable. Short layover in Haneda or Narita.

What I was saying is that I want to use Amex Points to fly business class. ANA code shares with Philippines, so might be best to fly Philippines and book straight to TAG through ANA. ANA accepts Amex points. Otherwise, Cathay SFO to Hong Kong to Cebu would be other option.

Traveling to Anda, Bohol from San Francisco in October. Any thoughts in the best way there. I would prefer avoiding Manila and Philippine Airlines. Thinking flying to Cebu and then the ferry would be the best route.

I think is depends on your flight schedules. I fly from Taiwan so Cebu Pacific goes from Taipei to Manila with a 2 or 3 hour layover in Manila where I transfer to the domestic terminal which is a couple minutes walk from exiting the international terminal. so check Cebu Pacific airlines to Bohol as well. Also I pre pay when booking for an extra 20kg of checked in luggage for my dive bag and gear.

We are all waiting (impatiently) for the new Clark Terminal to open up soon. That will be a game changer and make flying into the Phils so much more easier. Of course, not to mention a 1.5 hour drive from CRK ..all toll-way...to some great wreck diving! (insert shameless plug :cool:

I used to work at Clark running the Ben Sports channels on Dream TV back in 2008 - 2010. I did the wreck dives where you are and stayed on the main strip near the dive shops. I used to come on some weekday dives as weekend too busy with live sports broadcasting.

Thank you. Will be traveling with scuba and camera gear, so will look to book straight through to either Bohol or Cebu to avoid baggage issues.

What I was saying is that I want to use Amex Points to fly business class. ANA code shares with Philippines, so might be best to fly Philippines and book straight to TAG through ANA. ANA accepts Amex points. Otherwise, Cathay SFO to Hong Kong to Cebu would be other option.

With the covid situation in HK you need to check about transit in HK. Also I do believe that the business class lounges are closed for the time being but would need to check that again. Sometimes Cathay Pacific would offer really cheap business class from Taipei to HK to Cebu return.

Thank you. Will be traveling with scuba and camera gear, so will look to book straight through to either Bohol or Cebu to avoid baggage issues.

No international flights direct to Panglao in Bohol afaik. Also when I fly to Manila then Panglao I have had to collect my bags then recheck them in at the domestic terminal before heading to the gates. The airlines often don't put the bags through from international to domestic flights. Panglao airport is 15 minutes away from Alona beach and I dive with Bohol Divers Club there. A good outfit run by some Spanish expats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom