bet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcrm19476

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

In addition to the bungee strap, is there any major difference between the Mares Avanti Quattro and Mares Avanti Quattro Plus? At first sight, they look exactly the same.

I will appreciate your input.

Best,
J. Rivera

I dive the Avanti Quattro and love it. Haven't dove the Quattro Plus though... Hard to imagine too much difference.

I'm guessing one has newer marketing BS...

I own the plus, people say they are stiff, I don't think so. I prefer the DR XT fins. The new plus version apparently uses a "new blend of hi-flex materials for greater efficiency" so they must be better:D

---------- Post added May 24th, 2015 at 10:33 PM ----------

I find them a little too "twisty". Initially I liked them but have since gone off them. I'll likely try and sell them. I also have a minor fitting issue, the small is not that small and I need to wear neoprene socks with my my 5mm boots to in order to get a good fit.

I dive the Quattro+, and I like the stiffer feel compared to the Volo's I started off with. I bought the Mares spring straps for the volo's, and I liked them better than the bungees on the quattro's. I do only do warm water diving, but I like the added strength of the quattro's in the surge or currents. I also have the Hollis F2's, but they are not anywhere near the fin of the quattro's in less than optimal conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom