Big Mistake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey seajay, would my '58 chev apache pickup count?

:eek:ut:

Dexter Yager??? Ah ha! You're suppose to DIVE the plan, not SHOW the plan. No wonder you're doing multi-level dives...:D

You know, I'd say, "Hey, let's return to topic now that things are cool," but I think it's already going on in another thread.

...And I'm afraid to step foot in there... The place seems to be itchin' to flame, too... I'm afraid I'd say something that would put it over the edge!

seajay if someone was to go diving with you you would not have a board drawing circles down there would ya?

Nope.

I'm not an Amway guy.

With that in mind, though, I will tell you this... There was a time five or ten years ago that I was.

I had some degree of success in the business... But left in order to pursue other interests.

Today my family's communications company (not a network or "multi-level") is a budding 4.5 million dollar a year business. We own a communications tower (which, by the way, seems to be in forever limbo with the local zoning board) and two retail stores. We also do a tremendous amount of business on a wholesale level, selling cellular phones and accessories, prepaid phone cards, home phone service, and POS terminal machines to a variety of large retailers.

But I learned a lot in Amway. I'm not kidding. Their built-in educational system is, IMHO, one of the best educational systems in the world. And I'm not speaking out of turn here... I've attended Rutgers University, the Richard Stockton School, the University of Arizona, and the University of South Carolina. I'm currently considering an MBA at the Darla Moore school of business.

We used to call Dexter Yeger's system, "Yeger University." No joke; it's impressive. My favorite texts included Wake Up and Dream and All I Know at the Top I Learned at the Bottom. I was also fond of How to Win Friends and Influence People (surpisingly not as evil as it sounded) and The Magic of Thinking Big. We used to call these "positive" books.

I've since had the opportunity to get involved with many multi-level opportunities. Like the internet and the business found there, there are a lot of scams out there and a lot of junk... But just because it's "internet" or just because it's "multi-level" does not necessarily mean it's "good" or "bad" business. At least, that's my opinion.

Today, my #1 project... Which has been stalled now for a few months due to zoning issues (which look like they might be solved soon) is a high speed, wireless internet project. We will soon be supplying both residential and commercial high speed internet acccess here in the Lowcountry, which currently is in the "dark ages" in terms of internet.

Our solution should fit the area nicely.

So no, I'm not involved with Amway. I'm not even a customer any longer. But pressed, I would have some great things to say about the company... And especially the way that Dexter Yeger's system works. Very nice indeed.

He's got one thing down pat: It's all about the dream, man. :D It ain't fluff.

Alright...I somewhat asked this earlier...here we go again with a little more feeling...

Seajay, first things first...

This is not a flame
This is not all about you
This is a piece of advise for some who just don't get it, if it applies to you, take it to heart, if it doesn't, ignore this post, you'll know who you are...

Here goes...

This is called SCUBA BOARD
It is about SCUBA DIVING in all it's various forms.

I for one am completely losing it (and believe me I'm not alone on this one) with the expansion of Non-Diving related topics into every other forum. Look at this thread...how much wheat is there and how much chaff? Have the last several PAGES had anything to do with diving?

I'm pleased with the number of fantastic people I've met and dove with from this board, but if we want to talk about our love of cars or where we are going diving on the weekend or send our personal thoughts and opinions which have no greater edification for the board for diving, we take it to PM's, IM's or heck, even the NDL forums here.

I used to read almost every thread on this board. I used to find new knowledge and new diving debate and new diving stories in almost every thread. Now, there is so much background noise that it is becoming increasingly frustrating to find those gems.

All I'm asking is that if you want to carry-on an in depth conversation about something other than the topic which started the thread, think about how you could better communicate your message with your intended audience before you post to the middle of a diving discussion.

I'm sorry for being long winded here, I'm just really frustrated.

Brian

bwerb once bubbled...

All I'm asking is that if you want to carry-on an in depth conversation about something other than the topic which started the thread, think about how you could better communicate your message with your intended audience before you post to the middle of a diving discussion.

Ummm, shouldnt this post be in the non-diving related forum? :)

I'm kidding! Just kidding!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom