Big tanks in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn't anyone get cold ?:)
After 70min I have to pull the plug regardless...unless I'm in deco....

Ronnie

Yeh, that's often the excuse we hear from people who can't hang with the rest of us :wink:

Nope, not ever. But then I'm wearing a Bare 5/4 with a 3mm hooded vest in the winter. I do better in the summer.... What are you wearing?

Doesn't anyone get cold ?:)
After 70min I have to pull the plug regardless...unless I'm in deco....

Ronnie

Nope, not ever. But then I'm wearing a Bare 5/4 with a 3mm hooded vest in the winter. I do better in the summer.... What are you wearing?

Hey Marg ! We've be diving before...Over the years I have used a 5mm,3mm and a 4/3.
Best results have been with the 5 but I no longer wear that suit on principle and will go back to a 5 when my supplier has the new design in March.

Last week I used the 4/3 with a 2mm hood and at 45 minutes I was starting to get cold especially the last day. I did put in quite a bit of shore diving and would hit the water about 10am and come out at 2pm without much of a break.I did manage 13 dives over 4 days so my core was dropping in addition to the slight flu/cold I still have.All my boat dives had a run times of about 65-70min and my shore dives averaged 50.

I do not work hard when I dive so kinetic energy is not warming me in the least.

Another diver I was with did do the hooded vest thing and did did not not get cold however his wife in the 3mm did get cold.

Ron

Ron,

A thicker hood will help...a lot! You lose about 30% of your body heat through your head/neck.

Thanks But....I do know this (I teach this as part of the exposure protection class) and in fact packed my drysuit hood for the trip...It somehow got "missplaced" on the island someware and wound up using the 2mm.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom