Biggest Hassle Of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sucker4scuba:
You know, there is always something in a specific sport that is just the pitts... like diving.... washing your gear afterwards... anymore that you can add to the list???
How about......putting a wet skin back on for a second dive?

How about......putting a wet skin back on for a second dive?

#1 Loud obnoxious divers who don't seem to remember where they were sitting when they get back in the boat.

#2 Divers who think it's an underwater race and are always bumping into you or cutting you off, I'm just glad that they usually suck their tank dry quickly and go back up, see #1 above.

#3 You wait for the little fish to stick it's head out so you can get a picture of it and just as it does that underwater ahlete comes racing up and scares it back in.

#4 Divers who kick the coral.

#5 Divers who molest the critters.

#6 DM's who just have to get that little Pufferfish to inflate.

Everything else about diving is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of the "snobby, know it all, arrogant, superdiver types", have you noticed that half of them don't have the skills to match their talk?

One of these guys in Maui was hilarious... can't remember if Charlie99 was on the B&B boat with us when this happened, thinking maybe it was the day after.

Guy had nice dive gear, and liked to talk about it. Saw my watch, and one up'd me with his Omega. Gets into a semi-friendly chat with me, mentions he's from Oregon, I mention I have family there. Told him about diving off the Oregon coast, he mentions that he won't dive in Oregon, because it's "not his type of diving". Conversation about diving stuff continues, then randomly leans over and mentions "I made well over a million dollars last year". My 21 year old smart ***, thinking quickly, says "Oh yeah? I made $17k".

I thought it was pretty funny. My way of saying "It's nice that you wanted to brag, but it doesn't matter how much money you make, we're both here having the same amount of fun"

His diving skills were mostly crap... he gashed his leg open on coral during the first descent.

Aside from that... diving with 7mm gloves can be a real hassle, it sure makes doing anything with your hands difficult. Heck, compared to warm water diving, everything associated with cold water diving is a hassle... it's just too bad I enjoy it so much! My family and friends see what's involved, and just say "Nope, looks like too much work for me".

-B.

fairbanksdiver:
Speaking of the "snobby, know it all, arrogant, superdiver types", have you noticed that half of them don't have the skills to match their talk?

One of these guys in Maui was hilarious... can't remember if Charlie99 was on the B&B boat with us when this happened, thinking maybe it was the day after.

Guy had nice dive gear, and liked to talk about it. Saw my watch, and one up'd me with his Omega. Gets into a semi-friendly chat with me, mentions he's from Oregon, I mention I have family there. Told him about diving off the Oregon coast, he mentions that he won't dive in Oregon, because it's "not his type of diving". Conversation about diving stuff continues, then randomly leans over and mentions "I made well over a million dollars last year". My 21 year old smart ***, thinking quickly, says "Oh yeah? I made $17k".

I thought it was pretty funny. My way of saying "It's nice that you wanted to brag, but it doesn't matter how much money you make, we're both here having the same amount of fun"

His diving skills were mostly crap... he gashed his leg open on coral during the first descent.

Aside from that... diving with 7mm gloves can be a real hassle, it sure makes doing anything with your hands difficult. Heck, compared to warm water diving, everything associated with cold water diving is a hassle... it's just too bad I enjoy it so much! My family and friends see what's involved, and just say "Nope, looks like too much work for me".

-B.
So, I see you know what I'm talking!

the LOVE of the sport makes it all worth it....a small price to pay , for all of the shear enjoyment....no matter what you do as a hobby, there is always a small amount of effort given in exchange for being able to say "I did it and it was great"....suffer thru....see ya` under

Bottom Scratcher:
Instructors who think everyone on the boat is in their class
Just send them the ole "One Finger Salute" :D .
That usually brings them around when they discover ,you don't need him or his signiture. LOL

Eagle-scuba:
the LOVE of the sport makes it all worth it....a small price to pay , for all of the shear enjoyment....no matter what you do as a hobby, there is always a small amount of effort given in exchange for being able to say "I did it and it was great"....suffer thru....see ya` under

Yes, there are a lot of crummy things connected to diving, but the above quote tells why we all keep doing it.

But here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet (I think): finding a reliable, consistent buddy is hard! Mine just moved, and I am scrambling just to get back into the water.

Kevfin:
YEAH!

Spending all the time prepping or cleaning, getting up at 4am, traveling, etc. just for an hour dive.

I want a dive Sherpa too... :D

Hour dive on 2 tanks???? How deep do you go????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom