Biggest Hassle Of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum:
Tell us more about your diving style........?
ROFL!

Hassle? Living far from the sea thus being forced to put up with those unwanted long surface intervals...

nkw5:
Yes, there are a lot of crummy things connected to diving, but the above quote tells why we all keep doing it.

But here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet (I think): finding a reliable, consistent buddy is hard! Mine just moved, and I am scrambling just to get back into the water.

This is so true. After finishing our OW cource it became more difficult to get the "buddies" into the water. We are about 6 friends that did it and after that I needed to organise everyone and their gear (Starting off in any sport is a costly excersize so we rented the gear) just to have someone to dive with...

Having to work to buy all the gear, trips etc...This full time employment sure gets in the way.

divinginn:
living so far from decent diving

I agree that this is the worse thing of all to someone who is really "HOOKED" on diving. We live several hours from the nearest diving and have to go over the mountains to get there. All the other inconveniences seem minor when you can't get to water.

Dive deep; breathe shallow.
Happy Diving!!!!

Weather cancellations. Few things about diving are as frustrating as getting all amped up for a dive, gear packed, at the dock ready to go, and finding the conditions too rough to get out. Especially when the forecast was wrong, as it often is :)

I was looking forward to a mid-winter dive on Sunday, can you tell that it was cancelled due to bad weather? :censored:*^@*%!&":censored:

Soggy:
Getting up at 6am and driving thru snow, carrying gear up and down a low-tide boat ramp, and spending upwards of $200 for 20 minutes of bottom time...

not that I'm doing (or about to) any of that right now :wink:

6! Wow, you guys get to sleep in!

I used to splurge on shopping/partying/"gimiks" . . . now it's always saving up for diving, and diving gears/equipment . . . erk. this iz baaad.

The biggest hassle in diving.......this is an easy one. Just like every other sport or hobby it is other people. More specifically the know-it-all/will not shut up types. It seems that diving has more than its fair share of idiots! I vote we give some of them back to rock climbing, scrabble, jet skiing, or badmitten.

I could be wrong

I think one of the biggest hassles is having to change in and out of your wetsuit in public. I just solved this problem by getting something called The KUVRUP. It looks like a big hooded sweatshirt but is made out of the same thing as a towel. It covers you down below your knees and makes it super easy to take off your suit, dry off, and put your clothes on underneath. You can change your clothes pretty much anywhere with this thing! Every diver should have one. You can get them at www.sevnforty.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom