Black fins with spring heel strap for photography & potentially strong current?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All,

I am looking for a pair of fins. My requirements are:
1) Black
2) Spring heel straps
3) Good for photography
4) Good for potentially strong current situations

I'm considering the Dive Rite fins, but I thought I would check here first.

DSCF2972.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF2972.jpg
    DSCF2972.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 34
Of course, for current, since you mentioned it, you will will want something other than the short, fat, rubber blocks being discussed thus far. N

For fighting big current I would go with Aeris Velocity 3X (which I have used in strong river current - I mean really strong). I need to pack them in my checked bag due to their length. For travel with somewhat less current I'd go for the Aeris Accel (much lighter and some shorter with very little performance penalty). I took my Aeris to Bonaire last November and they fit in my carry-on. I was very happy with them. Not sure how photography fits in with fin choice. The Velocities are negatively buoyant and the Accel's are very nearly neutral.

All,

I am looking for a pair of fins. My requirements are:
1) Black
2) Spring heel straps
3) Good for photography
4) Good for potentially strong current situations

I'm considering the Dive Rite fins, but I thought I would check here first.

I Own F1s, Jets, F2s, Accels and as of yesterday some DiveRites. My jets are a Large so short and stumpy, neither the Regular F1s or Small F2s fit me properly, they both have huge foot pockets. The Accels are a small and light fin good for travel. I could generate quite a bit of power with the F1s but they are heavy. The DR I'll try out on Sunday so will get back to you on those. The DR aren't black but grey if that matters.

Jetfins don't give you much power against a current, you will kick until your thighs burn out and go no where. I like any longer fin that isn't a split fin, for kicking against current. Mares volo is comfy and quite powerful for use against a current.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom