black plastic end cap on first stage missing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bqualls

Contributor
Reaction score
The black plastic end cap on the first stage of my z2 has disappeared since my last dive trip. Is this critical for operation of the reg? I'm going to try to get one before I leave for Sulawesi in 4 days-- but that may not be possible. I'll find out when my dive shop opens Monday if they have a replacement or can get one overnight. I normally check my gear a few weeks before a major dive trip, but this year work, illness, and injury have caused me to cut it close.

The black plastic end cap on the first stage of my z2 has disappeared since my last dive trip. Is this critical for operation of the reg? I'm going to try to get one before I leave for Sulawesi in 4 days-- but that may not be possible. I'll find out when my dive shop opens Monday if they have a replacement or can get one overnight. I normally check my gear a few weeks before a major dive trip, but this year work, illness, and injury have caused me to cut it close.

It's just for looks. You'll know if you damage any important first stage parts because of the giant bubbles or inability to breathe. :cool:

If you can drive by an Atomic dealer before you leave they probably have one they can snap back on in about 15 seconds.

flots.

The cap is absolutely critical - without you will look like a dork diver.

Thanks for the reply, flots am.
Thanks for the sarcasm, skeered silly.

I take the end (intermediate pressure adjustment screw) caps off and leave them off my ScubaPro MK17 and MK25 regulators just to insure there is no crap under it to absorb salt. The ones with Yoke are the "Highly Polished" models without the dork yoke plastic on it to hide corrosion. Anyone who has that dork model should remove it. The unfinished surface will polish up nicely with a buffing wheel and rouge, if the lack of shine is bothersome. I also remove the plastic "saddle" between the yoke or DIN nut too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom