Blackbeard’s – Certainly Not For Everyone!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My one word of advice is to AVOID at all costs eating the greasy cheeseburgers at the before sailing BBQ. You'll just end up feeding it to the fish on the crossing anyways! I went in 2001 as a last minute decision and I ended up bunking in the main salon in one of the double berths. By all means try and get one of those. The extra room that the double gives you allows for much more comfort and some room for storage. But remember, they advertise it as "camping" at sea, and thats just what it is. There really shouldn't be any surprise as to the accomadations. Afterall....we go for the DIVING!

Wow Don, Sux to be you!! Sounds like this trip was a bust for ya!! Its a good thing YOU remembered to bring that cushion for your bed. As for bad dive buddies, the one I had did a number of things from.... pushing me out of the way to get in the water, swimming over the top of me on the surface to get to the mooring line, not bothering to see where I was on descent, kicking me in the face, ignoring me the 3x I signaled that the boat was in the other direction, ignoring when I signaled I was having trouble with my eye, the list was endless. We should take your bad dive buddy and pair her up with mine!!! That'll teach em!!

I was also on Blackbeard's last week and had a blast!! Yea, the beds were tight and weather was not so great but, it was the holidays and I was far away from Michigan.

The food was awesome. Our chef, Adam, did his best to be extra spicey. The crew (Sparky, Brandon, Jesse) were top notch from the entertaining briefings to dealing with a pain in the butt customer. Have to admit, they don't have the easiest of jobs but, these guys handled everything like pros.

As far as the diving, I guess my only complaint would be that as far as the difficulty level....it was honestly too much for me. I only did 7 of the 17 dives. I found out the hard way that I have no business going below 60 ft without my AOW. So, I have taken some steps back and taking things slow again. On a positive note, the 2 main dive buddies I did dive with (K and M) were great!! They had far more experience than I and were quite willing to take the time to talk about all of my questions and whatnot. Plus, they were just flat-out fun to dive with.

With all of the extra time I had with not diving, I was able to make use of my xmas presents ...... fake poop and a remote controlled whoopie cushion. Thanx ScubaKevdm!!

I would do this trip again in a heartbeat.

keelhaul123 hey thanks for the good referral. We offer a great diving trip and we do not hire the sharks or mother nature, so these are undetermine conditions that may cause a problem. We provide the best service, food, sleeping quarters that will sleep anyone, snorkeling, alot of great dives, beach stops, port in Bimini night, spearing for lobster, great music, Sparky Sauce at night, at least one beautiful sunset.

Yes stay out of the galley on stay a top of the deck if the weather is rough during the crossing, get some before hand rest, light meal, eat some fruit on top side, think positive, wear rain gear, and relax! The burgers are great, but might as you say," be fish food".

Stay Afloat,
Sparky (morning star)

Back
Top Bottom