Blasted airlines, always making it tougher!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are certainly a character Dandy. Nothing like building a PVC straw carrying apparatus that looks like a pipe bomb to house your straws for airport security to spot in a scan and then there you go down the slippery slope. Want to make your connections without delay? STOP making such things to hold your straws. Next suggestion... You either can or can't afford a Coz dive trip. If you can't afford it and the airfare, accept it. I've been diving Coz for 15 years and I'm not ashamed to say there were a several years when I couldn't make it as I didn't have the $ for it or it didn't work for me at the time. So be it. There is always a next year, by the grace of God, that we could consider and we did so.

STOP making such things to hold your straws.
It works well, rides in my car easily, goes inside restaurants easily; I goofed putting it in my roll-on once, but never again. A regular waitress who serves me once a week generally knew about my straw case from previous chats and visits brought my usual Dr.Pepper with no straw tonight, took my order, and asked if I'd been anywhere lately. I told her some about my last Cozumel trip, including food request challenges since I don't speak Spanish and the breakfast lady didn't speak any English (we made sounds, pointed, and I got fed everyday), and about my straw case mistake. Good laughs.

You either can or can't afford a Coz dive trip. If you can't afford it and the airfare, accept it.
I can afford a lot of trips this year if I don't live too long. Whether I want to spend $556 plus bag fees while New Yorkers are getting there for $300+ is a personal call.

I can afford a lot of trips this year if I don't live too long. Whether I want to spend $556 plus bag fees while New Yorkers are getting there for $300+ is a personal call.

$352.00 RT to be exact :)

Right now Southwest has points on sale. We usually buy some when they do and we end up way ahead. We also get points on other purchases and it all adds up. That and shopping around for airfare sales and we manage to make about four trips a year and we are retired with limited income. In our case the work is finding the deals so it does take a little time and effort. It also helps to be at the point in our lives where we don't owe anybody any money. :)

@DandyDon could you bring a reusable metal straw, or would Airport Security confiscate your “poison dart blow gun”?
I see people talk about those and wonder how clean they really get them?

Might I suggest these ebay possibilities?:
I think I will wait on a lab study of how much gunk clings inside and how much bacteria thrive in the moist gunk. I've seen too many clogged engine lines, aquarium buildup, etc.

I think I will wait on a lab study of how much gunk clings inside and how much bacteria thrive in the moist gunk. I've seen too many clogged engine lines, aquarium buildup, etc.
You use a brush.

8172mgCJSPL._SL1500_.jpg

Dandydon,

You complain about airlines making it tougher but you choose to carry what looks like a pipe bomb straw carrier with you.

Give me a break your a real piece of work?:dork2:

Back
Top Bottom