Blue Angel breakfast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me, peanut butter and strawberry preserves on toast with a glass of orange juice is just fine.

I stay there because the wife likes the hotel, but I agree. The bfast is certainly nothing worthy of the hype it gets. I wish the island woke up a little earlier since all the dive ops like to head out so early.

It's all relative. There just aren't many public breakfast buffets on the island. Not too hard to be "the best". Other than made to order omelettes, the remaining dishes are just ok. It would be nice to have real orange juice not orange colored water.

The worst part of CM breakfast after 7:30 is finding an open table. It's frustrating to come downstairs and not an open table to be found. Not sure of the solution there.

The best breakfast buffet I've had was at Iberostar. A half dozen breakfast lines, each larger than CM, each featuring a dish of different cuisine (Asian, European, American, etc.).

Last edited:
I am still amazed that we have a breakfast thread, but each to his/her own priorities.

At least it's a breakfast thread, as in singular, and not three threads per weeks like the Cancun bag drag.

At least it's a breakfast thread, as in singular, and not three threads per weeks like the Cancun bag drag.
:nyah: I saw a new one yesterday, and it's on page 2.

As most of you guys know, the cost to fly into Cancun is a lot less expensive than flying into Cozumel.
That varies, but I'm not posting on that thread. This one is up to page 4, tho? o_O

What are the options? We love a plate full of made to order eggs and a mound of bacon and fruit to start the day. Does BA have made to order eggs and bacon every morning? We are trying to choose between Casa Mexicana and Blue Angel for a January trip. Tanks Bill

YES, BA has made to order bacon and egg breakfasts. Breakfast is included daily with your stay.

It's all relative. There just aren't many public breakfast buffets on the island. Not too hard to be "the best". Other than made to order omelettes, the remaining dishes are just ok. It would be nice to have real orange juice not orange colored water.

The worst part of CM breakfast after 7:30 is finding an open table. It's frustrating to come downstairs and not an open table to be found. Not sure of the solution there.

The best breakfast buffet I've had was at Iberostar. A half dozen breakfast lines, each larger than CM, each featuring a dish of different cuisine (Asian, European, American, etc.).

BA has real Orange Juice!

I eat the same breakfast every morning at Blue Angel for 10 days. Grouper eggs benedict. Oh my!

Breakfast at Casa Mexicana has never started right at 7AM, at that time they are setting up. I usually run down grab something depending on what is ready and then make way to the street to try for a cab. They get up late also. And off I go to make the 8:30 boat at Papa Hogs, then I have lunch at the Cafe. For dinner I Pick something I like out of the downtown restaurants, I'm already downtown so usually I walk.

If you show up at 7AM for CM breakfast, how long do you generally have to wait? Debating on staying at CM or maybe Blue Angel but if I stay at CM I would need to be at 3P a block or so away at 7:40AM. The free breakfast isn't worth much if I have to be at the dive shop before they actually serve it...

If you show up at 7AM for CM breakfast, how long do you generally have to wait? Debating on staying at CM or maybe Blue Angel but if I stay at CM I would need to be at 3P a block or so away at 7:40AM. The free breakfast isn't worth much if I have to be at the dive shop before they actually serve it...
Not long, but when you have to be at their shop at 7:40, you tend to show up on time expecting to start the buffet. I complained every day, but that was no help. I was always able to eat enough and still get to their shop ok, but it seemed rushed.

I'd go by Tres Pelicans shortly before 7am to leave my bag, the things I prefer taking home each night before, so that I didn't have to take it to breakfast. There is a risk that it may go to the marina before you do tho, and further risks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom