Blue Angel Resort review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not an IT guy, so I do not know how much of a headache it would be to install and administer 25 or so routers on the same internet connection.

ReefHound, Thank you for your review. We are looking at going back there in Spring 2018.

It was our place to go back in the 80's when it was La Perla. The Wi-Fi didn't work back then either:(, but as I recall we had better things to do:D.

I don't think we had Scubaboard then, either. Or cell phones. Or GoPros.

Adding repeaters consists of plugging it in and running setup, about as hard as installing your average software application. About as much maintenance as one's home wifi. Much less hassle than dealing with guests asking why the wifi won't connect every week.

Last edited:
I like being 'Off the Grid'; whether it is underwater, or in a hotel in Cozumel. -------- But, I still hope to meet any of my fellow Texans at Blue Angel someday.

I don't think you need WiFi equipment in every room. When I stayed at Suites Vima - which is every bit as solid concrete etc... as BA, they vastly improved their WiFi by putting a router on each of the 3 floors... maybe $300+/-? Before that you could only connect in the lobby. Even my little budget place in PdC has great WiFi in the rooms via a similar way. I'm definitely not glued to the computer when there, but it is nice to have when you want it... Yes it is 2017.

PS: Thanks for the great review, ReefHound.

Thanks for your review ReefHound and I appreciate anyone who can explain both pros and cons as they see them.

Stayed at 4 different places and dive ops before trying BA. For me, BA is exactly what I enjoy when diving in Cozumel and have been a repeat customer ever since.

Saying that, I do use wifi to Skype with wife, e-mail, and to stream English movies/shows in the evening. I agree, BA has bad wifi which prevents me from enjoying those things in my room at night which is a bummer. And, like you, I do not have any desire to unplug in the evening as after eating dinner at BA because I do not stay up all night drinking there.

Hopefully, Eva reads this and understand it is 2017 (soon 2018) and pony up a few $ (as mentioned not much) and get the service that most customers could use if wanted.

Staying there again in Nov with some friends. Not sure I will use the dive op this time but, have no complaints using them before. As mentioned, dive prices are not a bargain but they sure are convenient.

Cheers,
John

Very few decent hotels in Cozumel ask you not to flush TP.

Very few decent hotels in Cozumel ask you not to flush TP.

Is this because their systems can handle the TP or because they find it better to deal with the consequences than potentially deter customers?

Is this because their systems can handle the TP or because they find it better to deal with the consequences than potentially deter customers?

Great question, thanks for asking it. I've heard it's the latter, but waiting to hear from an authoritative source. In the meantime, we'll continue to minimize tossing tissue.

I can say, with certainty, that on the mainland, it's rarely discussed, but the infrastructure can't really handle tissue. Of course if the infrastructure improvements came anywhere near the commercial and residential development, it might not be so critical.

It depends on the plumbing in the structure and the connection to the sewer system. Places I have stayed at one time in the past include the Casa Mexicana, Hotel Cozumel, Bahia, Presidente and several condo locations. AS best I recall none of them required the use of trash cans for TP. My Villa Aldora is actually a quite old structure-- but when I purchased the property in 2003 I redid everything including plumbing that tolerates, even gladly accepts TP.

Dave Dilehay
Aldora Divers

I was there 3 years ago and had a great time. I think we checked out the afternoon before the morning we left, and just paid cash the rest of the day and only had to turn in the key the next morning.

Back
Top Bottom