Blue Bay - DiveVersity?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjanczak

New
Reaction score
My family (2 divers - 2 non) are planning a week in Curacao in June. I have reservations made at Blue Bay, but I can't get anyone from DiveVersity (onsite shop) to email me back. I am wondering if the closing of Habitat will affect what they offer for diving? I'm assuming that it's only shore at Blue Bay? Can anyone provide some more detail or should I look for another LDS to work with? We will have a rental car/truck for the week.

I am not locked into the reservations at Blue Bay yet either, so I could look at other suggestions as well. I need to have 2 bedrooms or at least 2 queens, a beach to walk to for the non-divers, and a kitchen are a plus. This is why we decided on Blue Bay.

Thanks!!

Look for another shop. I emailed Diversity several times with no response. I used want2dive instead. They picked us up at Blue Bay. Did my advanced and nitrox with them. If you do end up using want2dive tell Relinda i want my shirt.

I actually know one of the dive masters that used to work at habitat and now works at blue bay - they are really awesome and I wouldn't discount the place just because they won't email you back. Things are different on the island - not everyone is as "connected"

Hi bjanczak,

Habitat closing should have nothing to do with Blue Bay. It's a small shop, but if you don't reach Diveversity, we'll be happy to help you. For accomodations I heard a lot of good thing from Limestone Holidays. check their site. Curacao Resort and Apartments - Limestone Holiday. You can find them on tripadvisor. For diveoperators take a look at scubadviser.com you'll find reviews.
And if you want to know more about our operations send us a mail I'll be happy to provide you the information you need.

If I can ever get to Curacao my pick for dive ops would be the Dive Bus. Have read lots of great things and like the idea of being ferried to dive sites without having to deal with a lot of the grunt work.

The Dive Bus - WELCOME

They might not be near your resort area though.

An old story.....
Comcast is not a fan of foreign emails. Quite often our correspondences go directly to Spam or Junk folders; almost always if there are attachments. This happens with other servers as well. Be sure to put addresses in your safe sender list or to check your other folders if you are expecting a reply.

Thanks for all of the responses! I actually have been contacted by Francis at DiveVersity. She has provided me a price list and discussed the options that they have available at Blue Bay. They offer boat & shore for those interested. I've read great things about the other dive shops that have been mentioned & we are looking forward to our trip! We are planning a night out for pizza at Sunshine's as well! Thanks again!

What did the price list look like for blue bay diving? any word on their house reef?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom