Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jet,

Yes it was at the mirror wreck!

So my wife and I stayed at the Hilton on Singer Island and we dove Tuesday and Wednesday at the BHB. We spent about 3 hours underwater and could do it again and again. We met Jim and saw him both days. We saw a ton of fish and so many octopi. On day 2 we saw 3 octopus within a 5 ft square area. On day 2 a photographer excitedly beckoned for us to come over and see something. She was shooting photos of the frogfish that you see below; we were in the right place at the right time otherwise we definitely would have missed him.

Last edited:
so should we take any precautions? I'm planing on playing hookey today and getting wet and I want to be safe :)
yes don't drink yellow water or eat the thick brown stuff. :mooner:
Actually if you are healthy, your immune system isn't compromised and have no open cuts you likely be fine.

Those advisory's sound a little hanus. I took a microbiology class in college and chances are, theres wayyyy more fecal coliforms on your bed sheets and doorknobs than the water at blue heron bridge.

So it is pretty bogus in my opinion

The advisory happens every year when the rains come.

The street run-off dumps into Lake Worth. If the streets were flooded, would you dive them? (Of course I can make that statement knowing I can't dive for another week due to the knee surgery... lol)

So I get to the Bridge and see the No Swimming signs posted all across the entire beach. I walk over to the lifeguard and ask him a few questions. He tells me he is keeping everybody out including divers. The guard also mentioned that a few of the Peanut I. guards were sick to their stomach after yesterday's morning workout. Didn't stick around to see if I would be kicked out if I went in. Headed down to LBTS. 5hrs. of driving for a 1.5 hr dive. Crazy, but it was worth it to get wet.

I'm glad you saw the reef squid, Joe, because I saw them today, too. A school of about 10-12 in very shallow water. The sun was too bright and they were too translucent and viz too milky and they were too fast for me to get a photo. I took a couple hail mary shots but no luck. Not that I'm complaining! I ended up going solo as my friend opted out due to the swim advisory. It was so relaxing! Here are today's highlights.

crabbyface.jpg frogfish1.jpg jawfish.jpg octo.jpg seahorse.jpg

Bob were you there today? I looked but didn't see you. I had to ask a complete stranger to help me with my zipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom