Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smile! You're on Candid Camera!
Blue Heron Bridge Spotted Eel.jpg

Great diving in the hard rain Tuesday. It makes a lovely sound.

Looks like I was incorrect on the fish ID. Good job guys getting the correct ID!

Would it be worth making a 3+ hour drive tomorrow or will conditions be too poor?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

No telling. It may be fine, or it may have 10ft. vis. If low vis, you just have to go slower and enjoy the macro stuff! :) Know also that you dive on the high tide, with an entry half hour or so before high tide.

Smile! You're on Candid Camera!
View attachment 105992

Great diving in the hard rain Tuesday. It makes a lovely sound.

You're a die hard alright. Not afraid of getting wet. :D
(Jupiter Beach yesterday surfers, runners, cyclists and walkers were out.)

Lights ... camera ... ACTION!

Here is Stumpy molesting Jenny's camera. He pretty much grabbed it away from her. I wish I could photoshop a little beret because he was definitely wearing one.

octo&camera1.jpg octo&camera2.jpg octo&camera3.jpg

I decided to bail out today, I was a little uncomfortable driving more than 6 hrs to maybe dive. I'll be back in the area in a couple of months and will try to get a dive in then.

Just do it

Would it be worth making a 3+ hour drive tomorrow or will conditions be too poor?

I drive over six hours each way. It's never been bad enough (near high tide - have tried a few at low tide that were substandard) that I wished I hadn't bothered. Of course, I always stay for more than one day. I dive a 100 steel and have been an air hog in the past, but *always* get well over two hours at the bridge. Get you a "pokey stick" (and don't let Suzan Meldonian see you with it :D) and stick it in the sand if the current wants to take you away from where you want to be, and get in an hour and a half or so prior to high tide. Even if the current carries you off past where you want to go, it will bring you back after the tide changes, anyway.

Kevin

IMG_4748wa.jpgIMG_5456wa.jpgIMG_5599wa.jpgIMG_6372wa.jpg

Dove out of Jupiter with Blue Tang today...high seas but lots of fun for this bridge troll.
Had to think of Jet when I saw these Florida Regal Sea Goddesses.
Blue Tang Capt Mike's and High Ledges Florida Regal Sea Goddesses.jpg:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom