Suggestion Boat Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ONESPEED

ONESPEED

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I would like to suggest the Boating Equipment forum be renamed The Boating Forum or something similar as it's current title is rather limiting. I have seen numerous posts regarding boat brands and and types posted throughout the board as there is no real home for these posts currently. Boats are an important part of diving that I believe merit a dedicated forum with subforums for equipment, handling, maintenance, etc.

I'll be right over.....

home_made_speed_boat_in_cuba.jpg

DC

I'm sold on a trawler (for personal use)> The Grand Banks seems to be the Grand Dam but I see "Mainship" made by Luhrs, and a lot of others that would also work for me. Teak deck, forget it. Strip it and seal it. I'm just getting started on research cost of a live aboard, but for a guy that wants to run away, it's a "new bachelor" boat. My plan is live in peace, nice marina, run "the loop" just from Destin to JAX, weather and seasons permitting.

Twin engine trawlers will go 10-15 kts (1.15 per each mph) and no I'm not in a hurry. When gas/diesel gets back up 7-9 kts is just fine cruising speed at 3-4 gph vs 15 gph and a 300-600 gallon tank.

I'm sold on a trawler (for personal use)> The Grand Banks seems to be the Grand Dam but I see "Mainship" made by Luhrs, and a lot of others that would also work for me. Teak deck, forget it. Strip it and seal it. I'm just getting started on research cost of a live aboard, but for a guy that wants to run away, it's a "new bachelor" boat. My plan is live in peace, nice marina, run "the loop" just from Destin to JAX, weather and seasons permitting.

Twin engine trawlers will go 10-15 kts (1.15 per each mph) and no I'm not in a hurry. When gas/diesel gets back up 7-9 kts is just fine cruising speed at 3-4 gph vs 15 gph and a 300-600 gallon tank.

Sounds like an excellent plan.

I used to frequent The Hull Truth, a boating website. When you start discussing boat or motor brands, it can get as ugly as which dive training agency threads or DIR discussions that used to go on here. So I'm all for it.
Which is a better motor...ETEC or Yamaha?

Whatever you dont mention Sea Fox over there!!:rofl3::rofl3:

Abaco, that's a great looking trawler. Only bad thing for me is its on the wrong coast.:D I get to go look at boats with my broker this Saturday. I'll update here for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom